Xeon E5430 LGA775 mod not working with x64 only x86?

jpnmusic2

Howdy. So my computer runs Win 10 x86 fine, but it won't actually get past the Windows logo when trying to install Windows 10 x64. I tried resetting the BIOS to no avail. Here's list of specs.

Mobo: MSI G41M-P26

CPU: Xeon E5430

Ram: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GT (I tried with 2x1GB cheapo Hynix ram to no avail)

GPU: Sapphire HD 7970

I don't see why x86 works but x64 doesn't? Motherboard supports Win 7 x64 so I don't see why Win 10 x64 wouldn't work. CPU is x64  too so yeah. Any help will be accepted. ' v ' !

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

So I am going through MS Support forums, and the only solution that seemed feasible is a wipe and clean install. People who upgraded from Win 7 64 and 8.1 to keep their info on older procs (yours being one of them) seem to all run into this or similar problems. If it was not a clean install you can try following this thread and all the links in it. Prepare for a bunch of reading though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-cmpxchg16b-compareexchange128-issue-on/30d8ba2b-f2ac-453d-84cd-1ea446dd05ec?auth=1

One solution that seemed to work fine was to do a clean install on a new partition, which is simple. of course if you've already clean installed, well I am at a loss.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

12 minutes ago, crzyces said:

So I am going through MS Support forums, and the only solution that seemed feasible is a wipe and clean install. People who upgraded from Win 7 64 and 8.1 to keep their info on older procs (yours being one of them) seem to all run into this or similar problems. If it was not a clean install you can try following this thread and all the links in it. Prepare for a bunch of reading though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-cmpxchg16b-compareexchange128-issue-on/30d8ba2b-f2ac-453d-84cd-1ea446dd05ec?auth=1

One solution that seemed to work fine was to do a clean install on a new partition, which is simple. of course if you've already clean installed, well I am at a loss.

I can't even start the whole installation process. It says "Press any key to continue" or something like that, and I see the W10 logo, and nothing. No loading bar at the bottom like usual or anything. Works perfectly with 32 bit tho. Btw I'm using Rufus (tried with Windows Media Creation Tool thing too) and using MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI. Should be the one right? My HDD is a WD10EZEX. 

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

Have you tried with some other 64bit OS? Like Win7 or Linux? It could be just issue with Win10.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Have you tried with some other 64bit OS? Like Win7 or Linux? It could be just issue with Win10.

They said it works fine with Win 7 64. This is a common problem for people with Windows7 and 8.1 who upgraded to Windows 10 without a complete wipe and fresh install.

6 minutes ago, crzyces said:

They said it works fine with Win 7 64. This is a common problem for people with Windows7 and 8.1 who upgraded to Windows 10 without a complete wipe and fresh install.

And OP said he's trying to do fresh install from USB. So it seems to be something with Win10. Maybe OS doesn't like such old hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

And OP said he's trying to do fresh install from USB. So it seems to be something with Win10. Maybe OS doesn't like such old hardware.

It doesn't. I went to MS Support MB's and a ton of people have the same issue, I left a link in an above post, but there is so much info on their tech board, so many other links, it would have taken hours to list every option. Heh, it would take hours just to read. You are right though, win 10 hates LGA 775 Hardware.

Tried Windows 7 64 bit, it "works" but seems like the ram usage and CPU usage is abnormally high. Had multiple PC with 4GB before and it wasn't that bad. Also Athlon ii x2 250 and Q6600 ran W10 well before so I don't know why this Xeon is struggling so much. Everything lags like crazy. Also when I try to install Overwatch, it says that I need 64 bit. Really odd. I'll prob try Win 8.1 tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll stick to W10 32bit until I sell this comp/parts. Would've been a sick build otherwise ugh. Price/performance would've been nice but yeah can't I guess we can't always have nice things. :^|

1 hour ago, crzyces said:

It doesn't. I went to MS Support MB's and a ton of people have the same issue, I left a link in an above post, but there is so much info on their tech board, so many other links, it would have taken hours to list every option. Heh, it would take hours just to read. You are right though, win 10 hates LGA 775 Hardware.

Don't use Rufus, it messes up USBs. Use UUI or YUMI, and download a new ISO.

IMO, don't use W10. I'm still on a 7 year old install of Windows 7. It runs better than 10 and comes with less frustrations than 8 or 10, plus 8 and 10 have a ton of features that I don't even use or there are aftermarket programs for. I use W10 for my chromebook lol

1 hour ago, H0R53 said:

Don't use Rufus, it messes up USBs. Use UUI or YUMI, and download a new ISO.

IMO, don't use W10. I'm still on a 7 year old install of Windows 7. It runs better than 10 and comes with less frustrations than 8 or 10, plus 8 and 10 have a ton of features that I don't even use or there are aftermarket programs for. I use W10 for my chromebook lol

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit right now, it works, but the whole purpose of this PC was to play Overwatch since I sold my old PC. Now it says that my PC isn't 64 bit... Ugh. I'll probably just deal with it for now and get a new mITX pc in the future or something. RIP D.Va's police skin :^|

8 minutes ago, jpnmusic2 said:

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit right now, it works, but the whole purpose of this PC was to play Overwatch since I sold my old PC. Now it says that my PC isn't 64 bit... Ugh. I'll probably just deal with it for now and get a new mITX pc in the future or something. RIP D.Va's police skin :^|

Overwatch runs on Windows 7.

And by the way, I built my current PC for less than $300. It's extremely powerful and you don't need BIOS hacks and stickers to play games.

The whole reason you did the LGA 775 to 771 mod was because it's more power on the cheap. Single CPU LGA 77x is on the verge of of obsolescence, so a newer socket with DDR3 would be better for you.

If you want you can PM me and I can help you build a much better PC for less than what a 'normal' enthusiast would.

Oh, and the lag can be fixed by disabling Superfetch.

Bring up the Run dialogue and type in Services.msc, find Superfetch, right click it, hit Properties, and set Startup type to Disabled. I've been running without it for almost 7 years.

1 hour ago, H0R53 said:

Overwatch runs on Windows 7.

And by the way, I built my current PC for less than $300. It's extremely powerful and you don't need BIOS hacks and stickers to play games.

The whole reason you did the LGA 775 to 771 mod was because it's more power on the cheap. Single CPU LGA 77x is on the verge of of obsolescence, so a newer socket with DDR3 would be better for you.

If you want you can PM me and I can help you build a much better PC for less than what a 'normal' enthusiast would.

Oh, and the lag can be fixed by disabling Superfetch.

Bring up the Run dialogue and type in Services.msc, find Superfetch, right click it, hit Properties, and set Startup type to Disabled. I've been running without it for almost 7 years.

Oh and I know it works on W7. I'm not the only one having issues with Overwatch not recognizing my OS. And I had some spare DDR3 ram laying around (along with the rest of the PC), so I just wanted a VERY cheap CPU and motherboard. Got the motherboard for 20$ off Kijiji and the CPU for 13$ on Aliexpress, so yeah. I only bought the CPU and the motherboard since everything was laying around.

Sapphire HD 7970 (fan issue sorta but runs fine), 2x2GB Dominator GT DDR3, random stock LGA1150 heatsink that I ghetto strapped to fit LGA775, CoolerMaster N200, 500w Antec EarthWatts 80+ PSU, 1TB WD10EZEX HDD. All stuff that were laying around. I know I could've got like a cheap i5-4460, H81 motherboard and etc but I didn't want to spend more than 50$, so yeah lmao. I'll prob just buy an i5-6400 when they become cheap. Had it before and it's really nice so. CPU was already cut and soldered from Aliexpress too so I didn't have to do anything afaik. 

11 minutes ago, jpnmusic2 said:

Oh and I know it works on W7. I'm not the only one having issues with Overwatch not recognizing my OS. And I had some spare DDR3 ram laying around (along with the rest of the PC), so I just wanted a VERY cheap CPU and motherboard. Got the motherboard for 20$ off Kijiji and the CPU for 13$ on Aliexpress, so yeah. I only bought the CPU and the motherboard since everything was laying around.

Sapphire HD 7970 (fan issue sorta but runs fine), 2x2GB Dominator GT DDR3, random stock LGA1150 heatsink that I ghetto strapped to fit LGA775, CoolerMaster N200, 500w Antec EarthWatts 80+ PSU, 1TB WD10EZEX HDD. All stuff that were laying around. I know I could've got like a cheap i5-4460, H81 motherboard and etc but I didn't want to spend more than 50$, so yeah lmao. I'll prob just buy an i5-6400 when they become cheap. Had it before and it's really nice so. CPU was already cut and soldered from Aliexpress too so I didn't have to do anything afaik. 

Here's a motherboard and CPU combo that'll be better than your current setup for about $60. If something is even minorly wrong with the motherboard, like a bent USB port or something you can also get a FULL refund.

Motherboard

CPU better than the e5430

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 7:58 AM, H0R53 said:

Here's a motherboard and CPU combo that'll be better than your current setup for about $60. If something is even minorly wrong with the motherboard, like a bent USB port or something you can also get a FULL refund.

Motherboard

CPU better than the e5430

Oy vey actually bought a i5-2400 and motherboard for CAD$50 sooo yeah. Just gotta fix ethernet port but all works fine so yeah. Good upgrade imo.