Cherry MX RED or BROWN?

Yo fellas,

I am looking for a new mechanical keyboard and corsair STRAFE got my eyes, but I am completely new to mechanical switches.

From some videos and articles, I am satisfied that the MX BLUE variant is not suitable for me. So now I am in between MX RED and BROWN.

I use the keyboard for both gaming and typing (more typing) , so which one is suitable for me... the MX RED or the BROWN ??

I prefer my browns to reds, especially for typing. 

I've used a K70 with reds and a G710+ with browns & a generic Kalih brown keyboard. 

We can't tell you that. It's entirely down to personal preference and you can't really know without trying them. 

Personally, I prefer Browns for both typing and gaming because of the tactile feedback they give and I find I misstype much less frequently compared to on reds. That could be the other way round for you though and there's no way to tell you what you'll like. 

I've tried several types of fake Blues and eventually went over to MX Browns on a K70 and haven't looked back. I've tried Reds on my friend's K65 and the lack of a tactile bump doesn't make me very confident in my key presses. Like everyone else is saying, go to a store and try them yourself! A keyswitch tester won't do it justice; try a full-size keyboard.

edit: speaking of which, really cheap MX Brown keyboard on sale! I'd totally get this

Get real Cherry MX Browns. They are my favorite!

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I used reds on my main keyboard for years. Recently switched to browns and I absolutely love it.

Reds are great for gaming. If CSGO or dota is your thing, I recommend reds. However if you're looking for an all-around enjoyable typing experience its best to go with browns. 

On a side note, Best Buy typically has a few mechanical keyboards on display nowadays. You should be able to find a keyboard to test out with both types of switches.

I've been using MX Reds for 4 years now and just ordered new keyboard (LEDs broke) with reds .

Although I havent personally tried browns/blues, I dont really agree with what people are saying about reds.

If you are used to bottoming out your key presses like I am, than MX reds are a fineto type on.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro