Planning for first desktop build

Hello, i just got into pc's after my laptop broke down and i got the idea, 'wouldn't it be nice to build my own pc that i could customise and all that good stuff?!'. So i began researching about how to build a pc and what i need, I took apart an old computer that broke because of a power surge and learnt all the parts and how it works with the rest of the computer (its old so it might be missing some components newer computers have). I have never EVER built a pc and would like some support and advice on my plan.

CPU: i7 7700K Quad Core Processor
CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
VIDEO CARD: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI)  and another Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI),                    I am planning to get 2 of these video cards and use SLI
CASE: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (I have higher Watts because i want to try overclocking, please tell me if i have anything wrong)
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
MONITOR: N/A       I dont know what monitor to chose because there are so many out there i cant decide.
All other parts are undecided and open for suggestions (Motherboard, sound card etc.)

Budget & Location: I am in Australia so AUD is the way for me. My bugdet is $4000 AUD, I wont be stretching my piggy bank any more than that (its ceramic). I am pretty sure all the parts listed above are available to be shipped to australia.
Aim/Use: I will need this PC for 3D programs like AutoCAD, network and interconnected software, LOTS of word files and google chrome tabs (open at the same time, and I also would love to play alot of big Open-world 3D games at a VERY high detail and graphic setting, some games have SLI support like GTA V (and more) and i thought, if i can afford it, i'll take it. I also want to get some experience in the computer/technology world by seeing if I can overclock the components, build my own PC and just have something to keep my mind active and learning. These are the main reasons why i am planning for a pc build.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read it and if you want, you can reply.
:) yas

I would not get sli, it seems like nvidia is trying to go away from that technology anyways. In your case a single 1080 ti would be much better.

I dont know how to reply to your comment so ill just use this.

The thing is, i was watching a vid and SLI got considerably higher fps in the games i like, though a single GPU will be overall better for everything, the games i like have SLI support meaning ill get the better with SLI. Everyone tells me not to go but i can afford and i would like 10 or so FPS higher

28 minutes ago, White_Dingo101 said:

I dont know how to reply to your comment so ill just use this.

The thing is, i was watching a vid and SLI got considerably higher fps in the games i like, though a single GPU will be overall better for everything, the games i like have SLI support meaning ill get the better with SLI. Everyone tells me not to go but i can afford and i would like 10 or so FPS higher

When you get a single card more powerful card, you are more guaranteed to have better gaming experience in general. For example, even if the 1070 would have higher average fps, the average fps doesn't account for microstuttering, flickering, or crashing. Sure sli is good for some games, but a lot of games either don't support sli or the experience is just not there. Like:

I would rather have 60 fps avg and 55 fps min with a single card than 80 fps avg and 40 fps min with sli.

Make sure when looking at benchmarks with 1070 sli that they don't just account for avg fps, because imo, min fps is just important as avg fps.

How I see sli is that IF you already have a GPU already like a 1070 it would make sense to get a second, but in your case since this build is from the ground up I would get a single card. Plus, when 1080 tis get cheaper you can get a second ?

9 hours ago, JJVGaming said:

When you get a single card more powerful card, you are more guaranteed to have better gaming experience in general. For example, even if the 1070 would have higher average fps, the average fps doesn't account for microstuttering, flickering, or crashing. Sure sli is good for some games, but a lot of games either don't support sli or the experience is just not there. Like:

I would rather have 60 fps avg and 55 fps min with a single card than 80 fps avg and 40 fps min with sli.

Make sure when looking at benchmarks with 1070 sli that they don't just account for avg fps, because imo, min fps is just important as avg fps.

How I see sli is that IF you already have a GPU already like a 1070 it would make sense to get a second, but in your case since this build is from the ground up I would get a single card. Plus, when 1080 tis get cheaper you can get a second ?

Thanks for the advice, ill take your comment into account, ill further research what games are scaling and not and ill just see if its worth as well.

Do you have any other suggestions for components. I am looking for a motherboard and was looking at some ASUS (Maximus IX series and others), Gigabyte and other  companies that sell motherboards but i cant find a motherboard that has everything. I compared several motherboards and it seems that one motherboard has something the other doesnt and the other doesnt have something another motherboard doesnt (you get what i mean, basically they all lack some sort of functions). Also, do you have a 2k, 100hz+, g sync, 27", 1ms (response time) monitor (if you can, please recommend a curved screen monitor as well), because i am also stuck with so many options that i cant choose, i spent the whole of yesterday researching and could not find one that was a good all-rounder.

Thanks JJV

Why SLI? Some games didn't utilise it properly. Get a single powerful GPU like 1080TI instead, much less power consumption and save more money.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Reworked part list:

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nF4JHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nF4JHN/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($429.00 @ Umart) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($315.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($389.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($1156.30 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($156.60 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Monitor: Asus MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($795.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $3643.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-25 13:38 AEST+1000

AIO sucks, get air cooler instead.
Get dirt cheap Windows 10 from Kinguin.
For large capacity SSD, I recommend MX300

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

20 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Reworked part list:

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nF4JHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nF4JHN/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($429.00 @ Umart) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($315.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($389.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($1156.30 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($156.60 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Monitor: Asus MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($795.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $3643.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-25 13:38 AEST+1000

AIO sucks, get air cooler instead.
Get dirt cheap Windows 10 from Kinguin.
For large capacity SSD, I recommend MX300

Thanks, i will take it all into consideration.

15 hours ago, White_Dingo101 said:

Hello, i just got into pc's after my laptop broke down and i got the idea, 'wouldn't it be nice to build my own pc that i could customise and all that good stuff?!'. So i began researching about how to build a pc and what i need, I took apart an old computer that broke because of a power surge and learnt all the parts and how it works with the rest of the computer (its old so it might be missing some components newer computers have). I have never EVER built a pc and would like some support and advice on my plan.

CPU: i7 7700K Quad Core Processor
CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
VIDEO CARD: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI)  and another Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI),                    I am planning to get 2 of these video cards and use SLI
CASE: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (I have higher Watts because i want to try overclocking, please tell me if i have anything wrong)
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
MONITOR: N/A       I dont know what monitor to chose because there are so many out there i cant decide.
All other parts are undecided and open for suggestions (Motherboard, sound card etc.)

Budget & Location: I am in Australia so AUD is the way for me. My bugdet is $4000 AUD, I wont be stretching my piggy bank any more than that (its ceramic). I am pretty sure all the parts listed above are available to be shipped to australia.
Aim/Use: I will need this PC for 3D programs like AutoCAD, network and interconnected software, LOTS of word files and google chrome tabs (open at the same time, and I also would love to play alot of big Open-world 3D games at a VERY high detail and graphic setting, some games have SLI support like GTA V (and more) and i thought, if i can afford it, i'll take it. I also want to get some experience in the computer/technology world by seeing if I can overclock the components, build my own PC and just have something to keep my mind active and learning. These are the main reasons why i am planning for a pc build.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read it and if you want, you can reply.
:) yas

Go with an overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 instead. It will be a far better investment for the uses that you desktop is being built for. 

4 minutes ago, Schraufabagel said:

Go with an overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 instead. It will be a far better investment for the uses that you desktop is being built for. 

Thanks, is there any where i can read all the ryzen series (or is it a company) specs and models?

Just now, White_Dingo101 said:

It is USD right?

Correct. Just under $6,000 in total

1 minute ago, Schraufabagel said:

Correct. Just under $6,000 in total

Why the two different monitors?

Just now, White_Dingo101 said:

Why the two different monitors?

27" for monitoring any streaming and for use with intensive gaming given the higher refresh rate and for 3D rendering. 34" curved ultrawide for video editing, movies, Xbox, and moderate pc gaming.

27" for monitoring any streaming and for use with intensive gaming given the higher refresh rate and for 3D rendering. 34" curved ultrawide for video editing, movies, Xbox, and moderate pc gaming.

ok, so the monitors listed above are basically the best on the market?! Cos I am having alot of trouble finding a good monitor.

The loop is a open loop right? What does it mean by 'open' loop?

1 minute ago, White_Dingo101 said:

ok, so the monitors listed above are basically the best on the market?! Cos I am having alot of trouble finding a good monitor.

The loop is a open loop right? What does it mean by 'open' loop?

Open loop means that's it's a custom loop rather than factory assembled. You have to build and assemble it all on your own. It also allows you to water cool everything in your pc. A closed loop limits you only to the cpu. 

As for the monitors, those two are pretty much the best options in their category. Asus FOR swift for 144hz, 1440p, IPS, G-Sync and Acer x34 for 4k, Curved, Ultrawide, G-Sync. 

2 minutes ago, Schraufabagel said:

Open loop means that's it's a custom loop rather than factory assembled. You have to build and assemble it all on your own. It also allows you to water cool everything in your pc. A closed loop limits you only to the cpu. 

As for the monitors, those two are pretty much the best options in their category. Asus FOR swift for 144hz, 1440p, IPS, G-Sync and Acer x34 for 4k, Curved, Ultrawide, G-Sync. 

yeah thanks, most games dont support ultrawide do they? and gaming on a curved screen would be better because you can get better peripheral support, i think.

7 minutes ago, White_Dingo101 said:

yeah thanks, most games dont support ultrawide do they? and gaming on a curved screen would be better because you can get better peripheral support, i think.

A surprising amount support ultrawide. But you'd be better off going for a standard dimension monitor for gaming purposes. 

A surprising amount support ultrawide. But you'd be better off going for a standard dimension monitor for gaming purposes. 

ok sure, i just checked the price of your ASUS monitor and it was like 1.5 times the price of the one listed on your build. How?

8 hours ago, White_Dingo101 said:

ok sure, i just checked the price of your ASUS monitor and it was like 1.5 times the price of the one listed on your build. How?

I think it's showing you the build after I modified it now. The monitor in the list likely doesn't have g-sync and is a TN panel if that's the case. Meant to modify a different list. 

20 hours ago, Schraufabagel said:

I think it's showing you the build after I modified it now. The monitor in the list likely doesn't have g-sync and is a TN panel if that's the case. Meant to modify a different list. 

Oh, ok, thanks.