Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 vs Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate

You have the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NqmxFT/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw108pl12swa

and the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YKFPxr/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw007pl12bla

Both are 360mm in size but have different fan rpm and noise levels.

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 has 800 - 1500 RPM with 26.4 dbA and 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 1000 - 2000 RPM with 20.0 dbA.

The first costs around $158.49 and the second $119.99.

Should it be not vice versa? The more RPM you have the better and the less dbA the better or am Iam wrong.

Should I prefer a 360mm or a 240mm cooler. Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrDzK8/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060025ww) is a 240mm cooler and recommended by many pages.

Thanks for help.

Go with Corsair or NZXT for AIO coolers, they are better quality and less risk of leaks.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Go with Corsair or NZXT for AIO coolers, they are better quality and less risk of leaks.

Because they use it:

I was reading that the bigger the radiator is the better for you.

1 minute ago, rudolf said:

I was reading that the bigger the radiator is the better for you.

Not when it offers lower quality.

I personally would rather have 2 degrees higher CPU temps than a dead PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Not when it offers lower quality.

I personally would rather have 2 degrees higher CPU temps than a dead PC.

Make sense. Could you recommend a 360mm cooler? Could it fit in a mid tower or is 360mm only for full towers?

Can you confirm that the more fan rpm a cooler has the better for you?

I had the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 which suffered from air in the system getting trapped in the block. I could clear it by lying the PC on its side but it always returned after a few minutes or hours once the PC was righted. Ultimately as my motherboard is mounted horizontally and the block tubes are on the side unless its bled properly during manufacture (mine obviously wasn't) it would always suffer from this so I ended up sending it back as Thermaltake direct support is basically non existent. The performance was good however but I couldn't live with the constant noise or risk air locking the block over time.

As for the price differential its because of the Riing fans. Not sure but I think their blade design results in more air push so better cooling for the same RPM but as your pushing more air its obviously louder just from air flow.

So yeah I normally build my own water cooling but this time I couldn't be bothered and bought a sealed unit.. I did consider cannibalising it and putting in my own water tank to bleed it but that defeated the point of buying a ready made system in the first place.

11 hours ago, rudolf said:

Make sense. Could you recommend a 360mm cooler? Could it fit in a mid tower or is 360mm only for full towers?

Can you confirm that the more fan rpm a cooler has the better for you?

The only decent 360mm coolers are the EK predator or fractal design kelvin both of which are really expensive and I don't recommend.

The 280mm AIOs from corsair or NZXT are almost as good as a 360 rad so I would suggest those. 

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Enderman said:

Don't they all come from Asetek though, I watched EVGA clc tear-down from gamers nexus, he said pump is from Asetek, same as Corsair, and NZXT.

10 hours ago, coldpizzas said:

Don't they all come from Asetek though, I watched EVGA clc tear-down from gamers nexus, he said pump is from Asetek, same as Corsair, and NZXT.

No not all, some brands like coolermaster just make their own and are less reliable than asetek.

Also the pump isn't the only thing that matters, the rest of the cooler is also important for build quality and preventing leaks.

Spoiler