Server Projekt (black/blue) Tt View 27

Hey guys, since my last build was over a year ago, I decided to start a new project. I bought a used pc from eBay for a small home server. It cost me about 100 Euros. Now I will try some kind of a budget, sick looking, modded Pc build :-) 

So this is the bought system and its components...not the best but its enough.. :)

I will definitely not use the (in my opinion) ugly tower heatsink;)

PSU, Board, CPU ( Phenom I X4I 955 BE), 4GB Ram, GTX460 and maybe Asus Xonar DX will be used in this build. Storage stuff (ssd,hdd) is on the way and was bought new since they are the most important components in this server build.

Remember all the shown components were 100 bucks.

Case of choice is the Thermaltake View 27 which is also on the way.

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Starting some modding work for Case and Mainboard with acrylic:-) I/O cover and SSD Cover with illuminated logo! ;-)

IMG_6472.jpg

So after a few fails the I/O shroud came out pretty good in my opinion. Took me a while to figure out how to bend the acrylic properly. 

I ordered a vinyl sticker which says 'designed by JM' (my initials) to sit on top of the black painted shroud. It's in a bright blue color to match the boards style.

IMG_6473.JPG

IMG_6474.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

So here we go... I painted a lot of stuff today and everything will be ready when the case arrives.  I also decided to paint the old air cooler, just for fun. Jbox will be the computers name on the network. Enjoy the pics..

IMG_6481.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_6483.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_6488.JPG

The case arrived ! I put the main components in and started cable management. View27 is awesome! Unfortunately I had to mount the radiator in front of the custom made I/o panel so it won't be seen.. at least I know it's there :D

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6496.JPG

IMG_6497.JPG

IMG_6498.JPG

I wanted all of the unused airvents covered up so that the air can only go through the system one way.

..also some painting again 

IMG_6500.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6524.JPG

IMG_6525.JPG

Nice looking build

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

17 hours ago, EldarNi said:

Nice looking build

Thanks man ;)

So, all the parts are here now :0:)

Managing all the cables took me about three hours but I think it came out pretty good. SsdS are going to be configured in raid 0, hdd will backup the array on a nightly basis ad also will be used  to back up all the pcs in the network.

As always enjoy the pictures ...

IMG_6558.JPG

IMG_6559.JPG

IMG_6560.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

Finished! I will post some pictures at night with all the light and stuff later, for now it's configuring windows time ;-)

IMG_6572.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6576.JPG

Are you going to put decals on ssds? the build looks awesome

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

On 2.5.2017 at 2:20 PM, EldarNi said:

Are you going to put decals on ssds? the build looks awesome

Thanks :) yeah I was thinking about this, because the red on the drives doesn't really fit in. However with the lights on it looks not that bad. Maybe I will add something th cover them up later. Final picures are coming...

Here we go...my best pc (in terms of outer appearance ;)) for now:

IMG_6652.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG