Best 120mm fans for h100i

Jordan1417

The fans included in the h100i is way too loud for my taste, what is the best performing 120mm fans that are as quiet as can be but keeps the temps down

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

These are my choice.  I use the non-Quiet version and they aren't loud.  If you need dead silence the quiet edition work wonders but are less performance.

If you plugged into the Corsair Headers (instead of motherboard) headers, did you install Corsair Link to set a quiet profile?

Noctua fans are great, I would recommend industrial PPC ones as they have a wide range of RPM and look great. Corsair has some good options aswell which are silent.(SP120 & AF120) Be quiet also has a couple good fans.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Just be aware the Corsair LED's are 5v on their fans and a different pinout than normal.  You are REQUIRED to use their LED controller (unless you swap pins and put in a resistor to drop 12v to 5v) and still need fan headers as the controller is only for LED and not fan power.

Also, DON'T use the AF fans for a water cooling radiator.  They aren't made for it.  Use SP or HD.

Just now, Evanair said:

Just be aware the Corsair LED's are 5v on their fans and a different pinout than normal.  You are REQUIRED to use their controller (unless you swap pins and put in a resistor to drop 12v to 5v) 

Also, DON'T use the AF fans for a water cooling radiator.  They aren't made for it.  Use SP or HD.

Yee, thats why I linked the 3-pack with controller

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Yee, thats why I linked the 3-pack with controller

I agree, was just making sure the OP saw that.  I got lucky and my corsair case has a built in controller.

Just now, Evanair said:

I agree, was just making sure the OP saw that.  I got lucky and my corsair case has a built in controller.

Oohh, jelly!  A 460X?

@Damascus570X.  I'm waiting to post pictures/discussion in the build forum untill I get the Strix 1080ti to finish it off.

1 minute ago, Evanair said:

@Damascus570X.  I'm waiting to post pictures/discussion in the build forum untill I get the Strix 1080ti to finish it off.

Sweet, dat RGB goodness all around

Just now, Damascus said:

Sweet, dat RGB goodness all around

Corsair Link for CPU cooler, Buttons for Case Fans, and Asus Aura for everything else. Such a pain.

Just now, Evanair said:

Corsair Link for CPU cooler, Buttons for Case Fans, and Asus Aura for everything else. Such a pain.

xD GL keeping things in sync.  I'm planning an RGB build myself and It'll probably have Thermaltake, Corsair and general RGB...  CRAZY

6 hours ago, Evanair said:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

These are my choice.  I use the non-Quiet version and they aren't loud.  If you need dead silence the quiet edition work wonders but are less performance.

If you plugged into the Corsair Headers (instead of motherboard) headers, did you install Corsair Link to set a quiet profile?

Yes but even on quiet they are like a loud annoying sound

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:57 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Online anywhere, No budget really just not outrageously expensive.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:59 AM, Jordan1417 said:

Online anywhere, No budget really just not outrageously expensive.

SW3's are excellent: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jWtWGX/be-quiet-bl070-733-cfm-120mm-fan-bl070

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.