Got any tips?

AniJan

I want to expand my knowledge for vocabulary, and use more advanced words in writing. People like my brother did exceedingly well in writing and using advanced words when he was my age. I'd show you how superior he was in writing when he was my age, but I don't want to go through the hassle of uploading a picture from my phone(I'm that lazy).

Tips, please.

read a (advanced) book or two, like a wordbook, visit communities/places where more difficult words are used more often, interact with people that know/use more fancy words like trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid. your vocubalary can grow easily if you just visit places where different words get used.

For example, I'm active on reddit(web slang) facebook(local language) Quora(answers regarding a lot of subjects from professionals) whattpad(reading/writing) and I read up on scientific researches/work(jargon for work) all these different places can help me increase my play with words and help me discover new words like tetrahedron just looking at the right place can be very convenient and be a big boost for your language skills, taking Quora as example, there are people on there from all social sections, teenagers, NASA astronauts(Robert Frost) physics professors(Richard Muller) CEO's of start up's and existing companies, politicians(obama, clinton and more) IT people(to many to name)

that said, people always have a natural baise for something, his might have been writing/talking, which means he absorbs words and language much quicker and knows how to use it, yours might be something different, like problem solving or finding the easiest way to do something properly.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Reading books that are higher than your grade/state required reading level is a good way to help with things like vocabulary and reading proficiency I'd think.

When I was younger I'd read books that where meant for ages/grades at least a few higher than what I was if they interested me or I was trying to gather lots of points for an elementary school program where books in the school library had point values based on the reading level of each book.  The way it worked was you read books and took a quiz based on each one you read.  The better you did on the quiz, from paying attention to the book, the more points out of the max possible number you got.

Then at certain times during the school year we could use our saved points for various rewards like cool pencils or other nicer things.  The best stuff needed a lot of points so I decided I'd just read harder books so I could read less books but get more points.  

It helped that I loved to read and I was certainly at a higher reading level than most of not all of the other students in my grade.  ?

Play some story-based video games. They may not help in the way of vocabulary, per se, but they do help with reading comprehension and contextual cues. Great examples are Star Wars: The Old Republic, King's Quest series, and most games that involve investigations (when well done like Umineko When They Cry). Once you grasp context, the rest allows you to get a vague sense of any words you encounter which fills more steadily through use and such.

You can also join the DEA (Dictionary and Etymology Alliance) or, in other words, a word club...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers