rgb lighting

sundownkill

so i have a new 750d obsidian case, new motherboard, new 7700k, new ram, aio.. the case just doesnt light as it should. its big.. more or less, im trying to figure out what kind of rgb lighting will work with aura on my maximus IX motherboard, just to give it a bit of umph. i dont know what exactly is compatible as far as rgb. ive never messed around with it before. but this big case, i want to see my components. no real budget or anything, just trying to figure out what would work here! thanks for any help :]

well your board supports Aura RGB, Asus' own RGB solution. just plug in any RGB light strip (5050 RGB strips) and Asus' own software will allow you to control the lights. 

alternatively you can buy NZXT Hue+ and plug in RGB strips to that 

thank you for the responses! @RaptorCandy and @Technicolors, yeah any specific rgb solution that i could purchase tonight would be awesome. if i buy nzxt hue will that sync to aura? im guessing its just rgb strips but im not versed in the rgb game

3 minutes ago, sundownkill said:

@RaptorCandy so they wont work at all :/ what would you recommend instead?

The NZXT HUE+ will work but won't sync with the Asus Aura. Like @Technicolors already said u can use the 5050 LED strips and plug the in to the RGB header on the motherboard and it should sync with the Asus Aura.

5050 LED Strip: https://www.amazon.com/econoLED-Flexible-Multi-colors-Non-waterproof-Changing/dp/B006LW2NJM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490166428&sr=8-3&keywords=5050+led+strip+rgb

2 minutes ago, sundownkill said:

thats 16 feet of rgb strips :o how do i put that in? do i just.. cut it? @RaptorCandy

No, you can look up some smaller ones on Amazon or other websites that sell 5050 RGB LED strips.

Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/BackLight-eTopxizu-Multi-colour-Controller-Background/dp/B01FJUMP6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490166928&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=5050+rgb+led+strip+case&psc=1

that one i could work with, but is it true rgb? it says 20 colors :/ thats what i am trying to figure out @RaptorCandy a strip that will fit my pc case, that i can apply easily, and actually offers that customization. thank you for all your responses! :D