best internal hard drive desktop 2tb

unjusticewin

looking for the best priced internal hard drive for around 70 usd was hoping for one with 128mb cache but seems hard at that price point any input would be wonderful

I'd say WD Blue, I have one and it's lasted me very well! It doesn't have 128mb cache, but it's a great drive nonetheless.

I suggest Seagate barracudas as they are ussually some of the cheapest. Alternatively you can look into wd blues. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, orbaxter said:

I'd say WD Blue, I have one and it's lasted me very well!

yeah but 2tb we blue are all 5400rpm

1 minute ago, unjusticewin said:

looking for the best priced internal hard drive for around 70 usd was hoping for one with 128mb cache but seems hard at that price point any input would be wonderful

seagate barracuda 2tb would be nice. why do you need 128mb of cache?

Yeah, that's true, I can see why that could be an issue but I haven't had any yet, depends on the usage case really.

If youre looking for reliability, HGST all the way. If you just need a Hard Drive for day to day use, WD Blue or Black. If you are on a dirt cheap budget, just get a Seagate Barracuda or a Toshiba because they seem to be the cheapest on the market at the minute.

Well i was thinking of going with a ssd but can't find one at around 500gigs for a decent price and the main reason i was going for 128 from what i understand thats higher read / wrtie speed for disk drive  any suggestion on a ssd that's not to high over that budget

23 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

and as for why I needed it from what i understood higher cache meant faster file transfer speeds for read / write it's not absolutely neccesary but was between a higher cache and just going for a ssd with lower gb

On 3/21/2017 at 1:08 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

am i better off waiting for a ssd to go on sale or do you have an other suggestions for a 500gb ssd and how good are sshd

Just now, unjusticewin said:

am i better off waiting for a ssd to go on sale or do you have an other suggestions for a 500gb ssd and how good are sshd

You can wait

Sshd are bad value don't get it 

ya  i was thinking that reading reviews the current 500gb ssd i see have prety random critical reviews on amazon ( around 130$ was trying for around 110 for a ssd thats 500gb

On 3/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

You can wait

Sshd are bad value don't get it 

bump

On 3/23/2017 at 2:12 AM, unjusticewin said:

ya  i was thinking that reading reviews the current 500gb ssd i see have prety random critical reviews on amazon ( around 130$ was trying for around 110 for a ssd thats 500gb

which ones? samsung evo are nice

Ya the evo is what i want but its 30$ over what i was hoping to pay

Just now, unjusticewin said:

Ya the evo is what i want but its 30$ over what i was hoping to pay

Crucial MX300

I have tried reading the storage reviews on hard drives but it seems almost all of them are either older or not available anymore except the samsung evo 

what sucks is i could get samsung evo for 150 at jet.com but from the looks of it they dont have a any warranty on the parts they sell so huge risk for a discount 

10 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Crucial MX300

yeah looking at it on storage reviews its badly ranked compared to other ssds out and cost about the same 150$ 

8 minutes ago, unjusticewin said:

yeah looking at it on storage reviews its badly ranked compared to other ssds out and cost about the same 150$ 

No, that's a really decent SSD. Not sure where the reviews are from.