Art Project: R2D2

Hey guy,

so for my art project I wanted to make an R2D2 Fridge, which makes a sound when u open it (R2D2 Scream or something), but Im not really sure how Im supposed to make it make a sound

thats why I came here with a few question, just to make sure it would work

1. Am I able to just draw the power from the wall, if i use some sort of adaptor if so, what should I get?

2. Would this work as Im intending it to work? (Pic)

3. What kind of device would I need to make the sound? And can I just disassemble my old speakers and use the cones?

Btw, the weird box on the right of the pic is a "devider"

Electric.png

2 minutes ago, iMike said:

Hey guy,

so for my art project I wanted to make an R2D2 Fridge, which makes a sound when u open it (R2D2 Scream or something), but Im not really sure how Im supposed to make it make a sound

thats why I came here with a few question, just to make sure it would work

1. Am I able to just draw the power from the wall, if i use some sort of adaptor if so, what should I get?

2. Would this work as Im intending it to work? (Pic)

3. What kind of device would I need to make the sound? And can I just disassemble my old speakers and use the cones?

Btw, the weird box on the right of the pic is a "devider"

Electric.png

Fridges already have detectors for when they open to turn on lights (usually a button that gets pushed when the door is closed)

if you are comfortable taking that apart, you could just use that trigger. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Fridges already have detectors for when they open to turn on lights (usually a button that gets pushed when the door is closed)

if you are comfortable taking that apart, you could just use that trigger. 

So just add a sound device to that circuit?, but what would I need as a Sound device then?

1 hour ago, iMike said:

So just add a sound device to that circuit?, but what would I need as a Sound device then?

I'm pretty sure you can buy basic boards that you can load a small osund file on to and hook up to a speaker, but a Raspberry pi or Arduino would also do just as well. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire.