Windows 10 Creators Update Demo, Good or Bad?

Ykno

Do you like the latest build?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a step forward or a step back?

• Step Forward
    • Step Back
    • Not Sure
    • Don't Care I use Mac OS

Sorry if this has already been posted but  cant find it. (I know features have been talk about before but I don't know if anyone has referenced this video for a full on demo.)

I only watched the first 5 mins of the new out off box set up which is 100% Cortana based and this has instantly made me want to role back to windows 8.1 which I s a shame as I actually liked the look of windows 10 and didn't mind have to do reg edits and tweaks to kill windows 10 telemetry. but ye this is to far Microsoft need to release we don't want this!

Stuff I do like is the new settings menu update, the built in night light so I should no longer need to use f.lux if it works properly, Game mode looks interesting,

Apart from that all the other changes are not a big thing as they don't really effect me and they way I use my windows.

I'm not sure if the new out of box features is enough to make me kick my obsession with always being on the latest. but it definitely made me want to see a Linux system that has as much compatibility as a windows OS. as i do belive once that happens Microsoft will find them selves slipping even further down in market share especially in the enthusiast market as they just are not listening to what we want and need.

They could make windows 10 full feature for all the standard user but I would love to see them build a windows 10 bare bones for gamers and enthusiast (Which I know is literally windows 10 LTSB) but LTSB is not easy to get a legit licence for.

I feel this is a step back for Microsoft and windows 10

But that is my view.

I would like to hear other people views.

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

5 minutes ago, Ykno said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but  cant find it. (I know features have been talk about before but I don't know if anyone has referenced this video for a full on demo.)

I only watched the first 5 mins of the new out off box set up which is 100% Cortana based and this has instantly made me want to role back to windows 8.1 which I s a shame as I actually liked the look of windows 10 and didn't mind have to do reg edits and tweaks to kill windows 10 telemetry. but ye this is to far Microsoft need to release we don't want this!

Stuff I do like is the new settings menu update, the built in night light so I should no longer need to use f.lux if it works properly, Game mode looks interesting,

Apart from that all the other changes are not a big thing as they don't really effect me and they way I use my windows.

I'm not sure if the new out of box features is enough to make me kick my obsession with always being on the latest. but it definitely made me want to see a Linux system that has as much compatibility as a windows OS. as i do belive once that happens Microsoft will find them selves slipping even further down in market share especially in the enthusiast market as they just are not listening to what we want and nee

d.

They could make windows 10 full feature for all the standard user but I would love to see them build a windows 10 bare bones for gamers and enthusiast (Which I know is literally windows 10 LTSB) but LTSB is not easy to get a legit licence for.

I feel this is a step back for Microsoft and windows 10

But that is my view.

I would like to hear other people views.

Looks the same. Happy they implemented the setting to set up without microphone. Love the f.lux like functions. Not bad, Microsoft, not bad...

A bare bones version doesn't really help though with performance. Most of the things that are enabled by default are just sitting around waiting to be used, as an operating system's main job is just to provide services for the applications that the user wants the run. If an OS service taking up a lot of CPU time, then either an application is pinging the service too much, or there is genuinely something wrong with the service or what the application wants the service to do . Though it does not necessarily mean the service itself is bad.

More user-settable options or an "expert mode" would be nice, but at the same time this seems to have been addressed by Microsoft since Windows 95: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20030728-00/?p=43043

The only thing Game Mode seems to help with though is for UWP based games, because UWP requires the application to jump through more hoops. Win32 apps are basically as "close to metal" as you can get in a Windows environment on the user land level.

Another problem is Microsoft established a "default" version, and from there, adds to it. If you started taking things away and release that version to the masses you can run into issues where applications expecting the default configuration break, because the configuration the application developer was expecting isn't there (I wager most application developers assume the default configuration on the OS is being used, because what else can they do?)

For some reason I don't get Windows Updates even thought the service is running.

9 hours ago, lolxd said:

For some reason I don't get Windows Updates even thought the service is running.

This new build is not out yet but if your not getting any updates check you Havant selected defer updates as that stop all updates except security patches.

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

3 minutes ago, Ykno said:

This new build is not out yet but if your not getting any updates check you Havant selected defer updates as that stop all updates except security patches.

I *hhrrm* got windows 10 from a *hrrm* legit source.

So I think thats why.