opinions on cooling please

this is my modest build i have not decided on CPU cooling as of yet bold lines are bought already 

Corsair Graphite Series 760T Full Tower Windowed Computer Case

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD FX 8370 Vishera 4 GHz Eight Core AM3+ Boxed Processor with Wraith Cooler

ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG STRIX Overclocked 8GB GDDR5 Video Card

Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB DDR3-2400 PC3-19200 CL11 dual channel desktop memory kit two 8GB memory modules X2

Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA III 7,200 RPM Internal HDD - OEM X2

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000P2 1000 Watt Modular ATX Power Supply

960 EVO Series 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

ASUS VP278Q-P 27" HD LED Monitor X2

When did you buy FX 8370? Can you return it?

If you don't OC like crazy the stock should be fine

why would i return it got it little over a month ago

i don't overclock actually   this is more for art   i dont really game  i know that makes me an outlying kind of user in today's world of building lol 

1 minute ago, arakrune said:

why would i return it got it little over a month ago

because it's an old architecture

will bottleneck your rx 480

and slow too

should have asked before making a purchase

do you plan on overclocking? stock should do but you can look at Cryorig H7 as an option

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

because it's an old architecture

will bottleneck your rx 480

and slow too

should have asked before making a purchase

do you plan on overclocking? stock should do but you can look at Cryorig H7 as an option

not for gaming really   the rx480 is more for the number crunching

not looking for fps speed  more for rendering  and  some editing

Just now, arakrune said:

not for gaming really   the rx480 is more for the number crunching

not looking for fps speed  more for rendering  and  some editing

an i5 will still pull ahead though but since you already made the choice then nothing can be done

Just now, KeemoSabe said:

What is your budget for cooling your cpu? 

75-160

Just now, arakrune said:

75-160

air or liquid cooler?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

air or liquid cooler?

actually i am going back and forth on the  the air   or an aio water cooled     that is why i was asking for opinions 

Just now, arakrune said:

actually i am going back and forth on the  the air   or an aio water cooled     that is why i was asking for opinions 

Air cooler are usually more silent. If you want to achieve high overclocks then go with liquid cooler

2 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

Then go with this one: 

Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler 

This will give you a better headroom if you plan to overclock your CPU. 

AMD FX cpus overclocks better compared to Intel ones so I think overclocking your chip is a must if you have the money for an AIO cooler. 

@arakrune I have to agree with @deXxterlab97 about the CPU, if you got it when you said you did, then Ryzen was literally weeks away from releasing, and an i5 would have been a much better choice for gaming, and would be much more efficient. This is not to mention you really don't need a 1kw power supply. Granted, Im one to talk, but the G3 is not only less expensive, but also borderline 80+ Platinum (according to JohnnyGuru http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=494)

I'd honestly recommend going with an AIO, especially if you are going to overclock if you don't want to worry about clearance issues with beefy heat sinks.

4 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

@arakrune I have to agree with @deXxterlab97 about the CPU, if you got it when you said you did, then Ryzen was literally weeks away from releasing, and an i5 would have been a much better choice for gaming, and would be much more efficient. This is not to mention you really don't need a 1kw power supply. Granted, Im one to talk, but the G3 is not only less expensive, but also borderline 80+ Platinum (according to JohnnyGuru http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=494)

I'd honestly recommend going with an AIO, especially if you are going to overclock if you don't want to worry about clearance issues with beefy heat sinks.

problem is, looks like he's already settled with his 8370. @arakrune , just get the AIO liquid cooler and get the best OC out of your CPU. 

2 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

the power supply choice is partly due to  later might add  more to the system  i am leaning towards the aio keemo sabe suggested  if only for the overhead 

my current system run a bit hot  honestly though it could have better than a t4 on it i admit

9 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

honestly when it comes to the cpu i rarely  get the newest thing out  i don't care to pay premiums to be a guinea pig tester 

1 minute ago, arakrune said:

the power supply choice is partly due to  later might add  more to the system  i am leaning towards the aio keemo sabe suggested  if only for the overhead 

my current system run a bit hot  honestly though it could have better than a t4 on it i admit

An AIO would be a better option in my opinion. It's not everyone's tastes, and I understand wanting to think about future expandability. I'd honestly consider a G3 over a P2 though.

Just now, arakrune said:

honestly when it comes to the cpu i rarely  get the newest thing out  i don't care to pay premiums to be a guinea pig tester 

This is where a i5-6600K would have been great, especially if you wanted to game and wanted to overclock.

just for those  

1 minute ago, BluJay614 said:

This is where a i5-6600K would have been great, especially if you wanted to game and wanted to overclock.

i almost never game to be honest   this is more for art and rendering 3d 

what is odd to me is most water cooling say they work for am3 socket  but don't list am3+   are they that close i haven't checked

8 minutes ago, arakrune said:

what is odd to me is most water cooling say they work for am3 socket  but don't list am3+   are they that close i haven't checked

Yes they are pretty much the same. I already tried installing a bracket from an AM3 to an AM3+ build.