Connecting a VGA Projector to a laptop

AMDGrill

Hello everyone, I have a few questions regarding to said topic and a few other things about USB ports aswell.

Within the next week I'll be making multiple presentations in my classes, altough it is possible for me to make it work through the college's own computers, I first would like to know if is there a way to get the VGA projectors in my school to work with my laptop.

The ports I have in my laptop are:
USB 2.0    1x USB 2.0
USB 3.0    2x USB 3.0  (USB3.1 Gen1) (Type-A)
USB 3.1    1x USB 3.0 (USB3.1 Gen1) (Type-C)
HDMI        1x HDMI (HDCP)
Mini Display 1x Mini Display 1.2 and  1x Mini Display 1.3

These are the ports I have and I dont know what type of adapter or converter I can get to make the VGA work with my laptop. The projector's other back ports are not accesible at this point and It is not possible for me to use my HDMI cable. It is connecte to a wall socket that you mount a VGA extension to the main case to get the video input.

Now that's that, could someone also shortly explain me the difference between USB 3.0 and 3.1, The uses of Mini Displays and Type C?

Much thanks!

Edited by AMDGrill
Posted without finishing

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

HDMI>VGA converters are available on Amazon super cheaply

Oh, I did not know those were a thing, I knew about the DVI / VGA connectors but thought HDMI was too ahead of VGA's time to be compatible. 

Cant order from Amazon at this point hence I live overseas but I'll see where I can find one. Appreciated!

8 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

Hello everyone, I have a few questions regarding to said topic and a few other things about USB ports aswell.

Within the next week I'll be making multiple presentations in my classes, altough it is possible for me to make it work through the college's own computers, I first would like to know if is there a way to get the VGA projectors in my school to work with my laptop.

The ports I have in my laptop are:
USB 2.0    1x USB 2.0
USB 3.0    2x USB 3.0  (USB3.1 Gen1) (Type-A)
USB 3.1    1x USB 3.0 (USB3.1 Gen1) (Type-C)
HDMI        1x HDMI (HDCP)
Mini Display 1x Mini Display 1.2 and  1x Mini Display 1.3

These are the ports I have and I dont know what type of adapter or converter I can get to make the VGA work with my laptop. The projector's other back ports are not accesible at this point and It is not possible for me to use my HDMI cable. It is connecte to a wall socket that you mount a VGA extension to the main case to get the video input.

Now that's that, could someone also shortly explain me the difference between USB 3.0 and 3.1, The uses of Mini Displays and Type C?

Much thanks!

Difference between USB 3 and 3.1 is speed. 3.1 can reach up to 10Gbp/s, Type C can carry data and enough power to charge a laptop. Type C also runs at 3.1 speeds (I believe) 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

8 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Difference between USB 3 and 3.1 is speed. 3.1 can reach up to 10Gbp/s, Type C can carry data and enough power to charge a laptop. Type C also runs at 3.1 speeds (I believe) 

No, TypeC runs at 2.0/3.0/3.1. 

idk

Type C is the smaller connector right? What type of devices has this connector generally?

16 hours ago, AMDGrill said:

Much thanks!

Put VGA as "input" here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v20/