Artic Freezer 13 CO

Bruno_A

Hey guys, I've been looking for a CPU cooler for my build (I can and want to push my i5 2500 non-k to 4.1GHz, it's possible in a P67 board) and I wanted to buy a Cryorig M9i, but it's not going to be available at the shop I buy PC stuff for the next 2 months and it really has to be either this shop or amazon.co.uk/amazon.es. Now, the Artic Freezer 13 CO is on sale on amazon.co.uk for £22,94 and the Hyper 212 EVO is also on sale for £24,95. I can buy either one, but if I buy the EVO, I'll have to run my PC without the side panel :/. Which one should I get? My case allowance for CPU coolers is 145mm, if you know a better deal on amazon.co.uk/.es, let me know.    

Many thanks, Bruno.  

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Get whichever cooler lets you put your side panel on

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Get whichever cooler lets you put your side panel on

I agree. Defianatly don't want to run PC without side panel.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

You mentioned in an earlier thread that the case actually fits coolers up to 155mm.

Is that not true? Where'd you get the info in the first place?

If you really are limited to 145mm, get a PR Slim: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

50 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You mentioned in an earlier thread that the case actually fits coolers up to 155mm.

Is that not true? Where'd you get the info in the first place?

If you really are limited to 145mm, get a PR Slim: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

Yes, that is true, I figured it by taking out the CPU cooler, putting the side panel back and sticking a wooden "stick" I had at home, I think it's to put meat in there :P and sliding the stick through a hole in the panel until I touched the CPU, I marked it with a marker and the result was about 157mm more or less, and I did another mark at about 155mm, I don't know If I explained well. Here's a picture of the stick

Spoiler

image1.jpg

PS: I know I made quite a few posts regarding coolers, but well, I don't mean to be "annoying" (If that's the appropriate word), but I get a lot of questions, and there's not a lot of comparisons out there, in my opinion.

Thanks, Bruno.

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

@WoodenMarker As for me getting back to "respect" the CPU cooler allowance, it's due to the fact that if I or the cooler manufacturer are off in the CPU cooler size, I would have to run it without the case side panel. :P 

8 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

Yes, that is true, I figured it by taking out the CPU cooler, putting the side panel back and sticking a wooden "stick" I had at home, I think it's to put meat in there :P and sliding the stick through a hole in the panel until I touched the CPU, I marked it with a marker and the result was about 157mm more or less, and I did another mark at about 155mm, I don't know If I explained well. Here's a picture of the stick

PS: I know I mad quite a few posts regarding coolers, but well, I don't mean to be "annoying" (If that's the appropriate word), but I get a lot of questions, and there's not a lot of comparisons out there, in my opinion.

The 145mm probably doesn't take into account the side panel bump. 

You should double check to make sure the stick you're using is level. If it is, you probably do have 155mm of clearance in which case, a PR: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009 or Gammaxx 400 is probably your best bet.

There's no need to make a new thread for each new cooler. One is enough for discussing the comparison of any number of coolers if you're just trying to decide on what cooler to get.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The 145mm probably doesn't take into account the side panel bump. 

You should double check to make sure the stick you're using is level. If it is, you probably do have 155mm of clearance in which case, a PR: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009 or Gammaxx 400 is probably your best bet.

There's no need to make a new thread for each new cooler. One is enough for discussing the comparison of any number of coolers if you're just trying to decide on what cooler to get.

Also, I tested this with a different board, could a new board make a 1mm difference? 1mm can make all the difference in my case. Also, I actually like the gammaxx 400 better aesthetically speaking, but the cooler's height is 154.5mm, which means that if either I or the manufacturer are off for 0.5mm, it wouldn't fit :/.

3 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

Also, I tested this with a different board, could a new board make a 1mm difference? 1mm can make all the difference in my case. Also, I actually like the gammaxx 400 better aesthetically speaking, but the cooler's height is 154.5mm, which means that if either I or the manufacturer are off for 0.5mm, it wouldn't fit :/.

The cpu should be at the same height. The problem is usually the manufacturing tolerance that makes the side panel either closer or farther out.

If the heatsink is slightly too tall, an easy mod would be to drill or widen the holes already on the side panel with shears for the heatpipes. 

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

The cpu should be at the same height. The problem is usually the manufacturing tolerance that makes the side panel either closer or farther out.

If the heatsink is slightly too tall, an easy mod would be to drill or widen the holes already on the side panel with shears for the heatpipes. 

Now the true question, would the gammaxx 400 cool better than the artic 13 CO? the gammaxx 400 is only 2€ more, I already ordered the arctic one, but I'm trying to cancel it.

1 hour ago, bruny06 said:

Now the true question, would the gammaxx 400 cool better than the artic 13 CO? the gammaxx 400 is only 2€ more, I already ordered the arctic one, but I'm trying to cancel it.

Yes, the 92mm Arctic 13 CO performs more similarly to the TX3 and is handily beat by coolers like the 212 Evo.

On 15 March 2017 at 3:01 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, the 92mm Arctic 13 CO performs more similarly to the TX3 and is handily beat by coolers like the 212 Evo.

I ordered the gammaxx 400 + an 80mm PWM ARCTIC case fan. Would I gain any performance if I swapped the gammaxx 400 fan for an ARCTIC 120mm fan other than matching the case fan? The ARCTIC fan is on sale though :/

14 hours ago, bruny06 said:

I ordered the gammaxx 400 + an 80mm PWM ARCTIC case fan. Would I gain any performance if I swapped the gammaxx 400 fan for an ARCTIC 120mm fan other than matching the case fan? The ARCTIC fan is on sale though :/

Not really. That's not exactly a great price on the F12 either since they're normally £4: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/qCH323/arctic-cooling-case-fan-afaco12000gba01

13 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Not really. That's not exactly a great price on the F12 either since they're normally £4: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/qCH323/arctic-cooling-case-fan-afaco12000gba01

I'll leave it then :P Both the Gammaxx 400 and the ARCTIC 80mm case fan arrived today and I'm really happy that I went for the gammaxx 400, it's a good performer and looks very nice, and it fits very tight as well :P