Ethernet Not Working After New Build

techdookie13
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
8 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

Auto driver said nothing, unfortunately

I already downloaded the one for me and I got that error: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer.".

Are you using Windows 10? I believe I saw someone else with this problem with the same Intel NIC on their board. 

I've searched around to try to find a solution to this, but most of it just seems to be a matter of people trying to install the wrong drivers. 

Try booting into safe mode and installing the drivers again. You could also try showing hidden files and folders to see if it's something to do with temporary driver files not being visible (saw someone with this issue) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

So my Ethernet hasn't been working since I finished building my PC about 5 hours ago. It is plugged in and the drivers are installed EXCEPT for the Intel Network Connections driver. However, when I try to install it I get a message saying: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer." What does this mean and how do I resolve this? Pics in link below.

http://imgur.com/a/xEzgi

8 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Do you see a network device in Device Manager? Where are you getting the drivers from?

In Network Devices there is a Wireless USB adapter that I am using for now, however, it cuts off every two seconds. The only other devices in device manager are a bunch of WAN miniports. I have got the drivers from Intel's website and from the ASROCK website, the company that makes my motherboard.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What board do you have?

I have an ASROCK H110M-ITX. I downloaded all of the drivers from there and still nothing.

4 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

In Network Devices there is a Wireless USB adapter that I am using for now, however, it cuts off every two seconds. The only other devices in device manager are a bunch of WAN miniports. I have got the drivers from Intel's website and from the ASROCK website, the company that makes my motherboard.

I have an ASROCK H110M-ITX. I downloaded all of the drivers from there and still nothing.

Try downloading and installing the drivers for your OS from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

I had similar problems with a different board. but my problem was Windows Vista. no drivers for it. I had to install a NIC card and that took care of the problem.

did you try Intel's site and their auto driver finder ( whatever it's called )? (  W7 and W10 ).

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

I had similar problems with a different board. but my problem was Windows Vista. no drivers for it. I had to install a NIC card and that took care of the problem.

did you try Intel's site and their auto driver finder ( whatever it's called )? (  W7 and W10 ).

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Try downloading and installing the drivers for your OS from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

I already downloaded the one for me and I got that error: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer.".

get a card. don't waste your time. isn't a "killer nic" is it? don't waste your time.

6 minutes ago, LabRat said:

get a card. don't waste your time. isn't a "killer nic" is it? don't waste your time.

It's an Intel I219V, hardly a waste of time trying to get onboard ethernet to work. 

8 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

Are you using Windows 10? I believe I saw someone else with this problem with the same Intel NIC on their board. 

I've searched around to try to find a solution to this, but most of it just seems to be a matter of people trying to install the wrong drivers. 

Try booting into safe mode and installing the drivers again. You could also try showing hidden files and folders to see if it's something to do with temporary driver files not being visible (saw someone with this issue) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

OK, thanks for all the help. I am going to check the drivers again and hopefully it will work. 

15 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Thanks a ton. It turned out that the driver I was installing was not the newest one. The newest one is very hard to find and not on the main Intel spreadsheet.Thanks for all your help.

25 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

Thanks a ton. It turned out that the driver I was installing was not the newest one. The newest one is very hard to find and not on the main Intel spreadsheet.Thanks for all your help.

No problem. Glad you got it sorted.