G4560 Compatability help

Go to solution Solved by G27Racer_188,
1 minute ago, Redliquid said:

how would i go on about doing that?

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but it seems that asus didn't release a bios update for that motherboard for kaby lake cpus. G4560 is not listed as compatible with any version of the bios.

So you have three options now: get a compatible cpu with the current motherboard, get new motherboard that supports that cpu, or third option is to try to find someone with a skylake cpu an update the bios to the newest version and maybe, but just maybe (no guarantees) the board will work with the newer cpu.

ASUS B150M-PLUS D3

and

Intel Pentium G4560

Hello, my system powers on but it refuses to enter bios and my screen simply doesn't find any input.

i tried different ram and made sure all power cables are connected.

I checked http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards

And actually didn't find it there...Are they not compatible and is this why i can't get in to bios eventhough the system powers on?

Is the solution to return it for a compatible motherboard?

Redliquid~

10 minutes ago, Redliquid said:

ASUS B150M-PLUS D3

and

Intel Pentium G4560

Hello, my system powers on but it refuses to enter bios and my screen simply doesn't find any input.

And actually didn't find it there...Are they not compatible and is this why i can't get in to bios eventhough the system powers on?

Since it is a B150 motherboard it probably needs bios update to support the newer CPU.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

10 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Since it is a B150 motherboard it probably needs bios update to support the newer CPU.

Redliquid~

1 minute ago, Redliquid said:

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but it seems that asus didn't release a bios update for that motherboard for kaby lake cpus. G4560 is not listed as compatible with any version of the bios.

So you have three options now: get a compatible cpu with the current motherboard, get new motherboard that supports that cpu, or third option is to try to find someone with a skylake cpu an update the bios to the newest version and maybe, but just maybe (no guarantees) the board will work with the newer cpu.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

I'd say return the motherboard for a b250.
TBH that's your best option.

It's not a race to the bottom.

3 hours ago, Redliquid said:

ASUS B150M-PLUS D3

and

Intel Pentium G4560

I am getting that CPU soon as well so I have looked a lot of stuff up about this same issue. The h110 and b150 motherboards require a skylake cpu to update the bios before the new kaby lake processors will be able to work. However if you don't have access to a skylake CPU you will need to return your motherboard and get a b250 or h270

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's