Noctua NH-D14S compatible with 140mm fans?

SirWiggel

I was wondering if the fan clips of the Noctua NH-u14S support 140mm fans because the fan used has 120mm mounting holes. I was thinking of using noctua nf-a14 industrial ppc fans instead of the current NF-f12's im using now.

5 minutes ago, charvey2000 said:

i assume thats what the 14 stands for

but the standard fan is 140mm in diameter but uses 120mm mounting points so im a little bit confused as if it would work

2 minutes ago, YaqinHasan said:

It comes with a 150mm fan which has 120mm fan mounts. Why are you using an NF-F12?

Had 2 laying around and tought it looked better than that one big and clunky one.

Ive pulled out one of the fan brackets (while the fan was still running #thuglife) and i tried to mount it on an old 140mm fan and came to the conclusion that it doesnt work. 

1 minute ago, SirWiggel said:

Ive pulled out one of the fan brackets (while the fan was still running #thuglife) and i tried to mount it on an old 140mm fan and came to the conclusion that it doesnt work. 

Noctua fan clips only support 120mm mounting, even on their top end NH-D15

6 hours ago, SirWiggel said:

You can ask noctua for 140mm mounting clips. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:31 AM, WoodenMarker said:

You can ask noctua for 140mm mounting clips. 

Thanks, Ive contacted noctua and theyll send me a set for free(gr8 custommer support). I'll test if it works