Thoughts on my finished build

Itayush

After receving a lot of help and advices from our awesome community, I believe that I manage to choose an office/light gaming build all by myself.
Before actually buying all the parts, I would appreciate any last moment suggestions and thoughts...
CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 (2 cores with hyper-threading).
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H (gonna have 2x 4GB RAM with an option to upgrade to an addition 2x 4GB RAM).
Memory: 2x sticks of 4GB RAM. I am not sure which one is better, if there even is a better one - but my options are those 3:
#1: HyperX FURY 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL 15 Kit

#2: G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 Kit

#3: G.Skill Ripjaws-4 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 Kit

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata 3.

SSD: Kingston SSDNow v300 SV300S37A 240GB Sata 3.
DVD: LG DVD RW GH24NS x24 Black Sata OEM (just the most basic dvd I could find, no need more than that).
PSU: I have three options that I've considered:
#1: SeaSonic 450W Active PFC Modular 80+ Gold G-450.
#2: Corsair 450W Modular 80+ Gold SFX SF450.
#3: Corsair 450W Active PFC Modular 80+ Bronze CX450M.
Case: Just one that will have enough room for cable management (haven't choosen one yet, just gonna look at the sizes and prices).

Thoughts? Suggestions? ideas? 
I have extra watts on my PSU since I might upgrade this build with a new Graphic Card soon.

Thanks alot!

Not a v300 drive

Out of 3 PSU get the cheapest they wouuld do all but an SFX PSU will look odd in the case

Do you need a DVD drive?

Cheapest RAM 

6 minutes ago, Itayush said:

#1: HyperX FURY 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL 15 Kit

#2: G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 Kit

#3: G.Skill Ripjaws-4 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 Kit

just get whichever is cheaper; they'll perform identically.

7 minutes ago, Itayush said:

SSD: Kingston SSDNow v300 SV300S37A 240GB Sata 3.

BAD performer. get the hynix sl308 instead.

8 minutes ago, Itayush said:

#1: SeaSonic 450W Active PFC Modular 80+ Gold G-450.
#2: Corsair 450W Modular 80+ Gold SFX SF450.
#3: Corsair 450W Active PFC Modular 80+ Bronze CX450M.

cx450m should be good enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Not a v300 drive

Out of 3 PSU get the cheapest they wouuld do all but an SFX PSU will look odd in the case

Do you need a DVD drive?

Cheapest RAM 

Agree, but i'd take the seasonic psu. 

As for the case, the nzxt s340 is a good budget case.

also wait a few weeks for ryzen

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

Ryzen Will probably not have a pentium-priced prosceser

1 minute ago, RUWO_builder said:

it may drop all intel cpus, that should include that chip 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

If you can try and get an i3 CPU if not then try and get the Intel Pentium G4620 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor.

All 3 of your selected RAM should preform the same so go with aesthetics or price.

Maybe go for a Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD for $89.99.

You don't really need an optical drive but if you really need one go for the LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer.

On the PSU make sure that you have plenty of room in wattage for additional parts. Whatever your estimated wattage is try to get a PSU that is double that. Also, try and get at least a semi-modular one with 80+ Bronze or higher.

A good graphics card for that build would be the GTX 1050 Ti or the GTX 1060 3GB.

A great case for expandability is the Corsair 200R with 4 internal 2.5" drive bays and 4 internal 3.5" drive bays.

2 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

if not then try and get the Intel Pentium G4620

why?

does he need that much storage?

or the GTX 1060 3GB.

no, a 480 4gb is better than a 1060 3gb

3 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

You don't really need an optical drive but if you really need one go for the LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer.

why tf he need a bluray drive??

Also, try and get at least a semi-modular one with 80+ Bronze or higher.

modularity doesn't mean PSU is good

80_ bronze is also not an indication of psu quality, it's efficiency 

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

why?

Because i3 is slightly better.

Literally ran out of 2TB with like 20 or so games and soon will be upgrading.

I'm not a fan of AMD.

He might need to use it you never know but I said he doesn't really need one at all.

80+ Bronze and higher will help with not wasting electricity.

Modular PSU wires can be replaced if damaged without replacing the whole PSU.

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

so for the same price as an i3 you recommend a g4620?

Literally ran out of 2TB with like 20 or so games and I'm soon upgrading.

that's you.

I'm not a fan of AMD.

sorry to hear that fanboyism is still a thing

well if a psu craps itself and blows up then he won't be wasting any electricity at all, seems a good choice

4 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

what are the chances they will be damaged easily? above all that would be my least concern

the difference in cost savings between PSU ratings is laughably small. but OP looks to have it narrowed down to some pretty reliable options any of which will do.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

9 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

that's you.

well if a psu craps itself and blows up then he won't be wasting any electricity at all, seems a good choice

what are the chances they will be damaged easily? above all that would be my least concern

I'm super sorry.

My bad that I based a drives capacity on my previous experiences.

Same.

Don't know what you are trying to get at here.

It's a possibility and maybe he wants different colored sleeved wires.

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Not a v300 drive

Do you need a DVD drive?

Cheapest RAM 

1 hour ago, herman mcpootis said:

just get whichever is cheaper; they'll perform identically.

BAD performer. get the hynix sl308 instead.

cx450m should be good enough.

1 hour ago, RUWO_builder said:

Agree, but i'd take the seasonic psu. 

As for the case, the nzxt s340 is a good budget case.

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

1 hour ago, RUWO_builder said:

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

it may drop all intel cpus, that should include that chip 

1 hour ago, That_PC_Kid said:

If you can try and get an i3 CPU if not then try and get the Intel Pentium G4620 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor.

All 3 of your selected RAM should preform the same so go with aesthetics or price.

On the PSU make sure that you have plenty of room in wattage for additional parts. Whatever your estimated wattage is try to get a PSU that is double that. Also, try and get at least a semi-modular one with 80+ Bronze or higher.

A good graphics card for that build would be the GTX 1050 Ti or the GTX 1060 3GB.

A great case for expandability is the Corsair 200R with 4 internal 2.5" drive bays and 4 internal 3.5" drive bays.

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

why?

55 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Literally ran out of 2TB with like 20 or so games and soon will be upgrading.

I'm not a fan of AMD.

He might need to use it you never know but I said he doesn't really need one at all.

51 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

that's you.

47 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

the difference in cost savings between PSU ratings is laughably small. but OP looks to have it narrowed down to some pretty reliable options any of which will do.

45 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I'm super sorry.

My bad I based a drives capacity on my previous experiences.

Same

Don't know what you are trying to get at here.

It's a possibility and maybe he wants different colored sleeved wires.

First of all, thank you all for answering!
It seem like everyone agrees on the RAM.
PSU: I am not buying a GPU right now, but I added more watts to be able to add one in the near future (the build takes about 230W and calculated with a fine GPU throws it to 430W).
I think I will go with the Bronze one. The computer won't be on all day so I don't think I need to invest much more just for the "gold" rate(efficiency)  since both Gold and Bronze PSU's have good reviews.
HDD: I don't need more than 1 TB, so that one is good, right?
SSD: Crucial MX300 SSD1 275GB - How's this one? Seem to have good reviews with low price.

CPU: Why would I want an i3? Especially when it has very little difference in performance but pretty significant difference in price?
It's gonna be mainly for office use, and some light gaming stuff, I think the G4560 is more than enough for my needs with a very good price. Am I wrong?
Also, after searching about Ryzen quite a lot, most ppl say that it will not affect such "low end" CPU's as this one. And even if it will, it probably won't be more than 5 bucks...
DVD: I wanted a DVD simply because I might need to use a CD some day. But on second thought, I got 2 more PC's at my home with DVD's, so I think I can skip another one in this build. Thanks.
Case: The Corsair 200R case (as suggested) don't seem to have room in the back panel for good cable management. This part is pretty important to me (I am investing in a modular/semi modular PSU for the same reason).
I am actually thinking about the Sharkoon VS4-S ATX, what do you guys think? It's not expensive and seem to have room for easy cable management.

Oh, and I don't think the PSU cables gonna be an issue :P

Once again, thanks a lottttt for all the help! Best community I've ever seen online, for real.

Ok. Psu u picked is fine. I'd get cheapest out of those 3

Yeah keep a g4560 for now

Mx300 is great ssd

Also that hdd is good

Why are you buying 2x4gb sticks? Just grab 1x 8gb stick (will be cheaper) and another 8gb later. This also leaves the option of 32gb later

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

29 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Ok. Psu u picked is fine. I'd get cheapest out of those 3

Yeah keep a g4560 for now

Mx300 is great ssd

28 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Also that hdd is good

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Why are you buying 2x4gb sticks? Just grab 1x 8gb stick (will be cheaper) and another 8gb later. This also leaves the option of 32gb later

For the dual channel (to my understanding, it improves the performance significantly if using an integrated GPU [like with the g4560-Intel HD Graphics 610]). I won't be upgrading this rig to 32GB (ever probably), so max 16GB sounds good enough for me..

Also, the price difference seem to be $5, so..

55 minutes ago, Itayush said:

the build takes about 230W and calculated with a fine GPU throws it to 430W

you really should aim to have your system power draw at about 80-90% of your PSUs rated output, best to have a little overhead so you don't end up accidentally overloading it so consider a 500-550W if you're going to put a GPU in there

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 hour ago, Cyracus said:

you really should aim to have your system power draw at about 80-90% of your PSUs rated output, best to have a little overhead so you don't end up accidentally overloading it so consider a 500-550W if you're going to put a GPU in there

Totally right!
How is the Seasonic M12II-520 520W? it's tier 3 and has pretty good reviews..
Although for some reason, in pcpartpicker it's fully modular, and in my local store it says semi modular... O_o?

59 minutes ago, Itayush said:

Totally right!
How is the Seasonic M12II-520 520W? it's tier 3 and has pretty good reviews..
Although for some reason, in pcpartpicker it's fully modular, and in my local store it says semi modular... O_o?

A 450W is more than enough. Even a 'k' cpu and GTX 1070 wouldn't need/use 550W.

10 hours ago, Itayush said:

It's gonna be mainly for office use, and some light gaming stuff, I think the G4560 is more than enough for my needs with a very good price. Am I wrong?

I thought it was a budget gaming PC. The Pentium is great for office work as I have experience using it. In office work you probably won't see the differences between the Pentium and i3 nor in casual gaming.

8 hours ago, lee32uk said:

A 450W is more than enough. Even a 'k' cpu and GTX 1070 wouldn't need/use 550W.

After I drop a GPU(Radeon r9 280 for example) in the PSU calculator it jumps to 470W~. So having a bit extra is safer, isn't it? or I may have just been using the calculator wrong...

1 hour ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I thought it was a budget gaming PC. The Pentium is great for office work as I have experience using it. In office work you probably won't see the differences between the Pentium and i3 nor in casual gaming.

Yeah exactly.. Thank you :)

Hopefully I will start building my new gaming rig in the next few months (gonna be a beast :D)

4 hours ago, Itayush said:

After I drop a GPU(Radeon r9 280 for example) in the PSU calculator it jumps to 470W~. So having a bit extra is safer, isn't it? or I may have just been using the calculator wrong...

Those psu calc sites are never accurate. Pcpartpicker is probably one of the better ones. A Pentium G4560 cpu and RX 480 shows 200ish Watts.

17 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Those psu calc sites are never accurate. Pcpartpicker is probably one of the better ones. A Pentium G4560 cpu and RX 480 shows 200ish Watts.

I've been using CoolerMaster calculator, and I get the same result using OuterVision calculator.
This is the link to the result: http://outervision.com/b/32NZYe

For some reason ,there is 100W difference between the RX 480 and the R9 280 O_o
Also,  I couldn't find the G4560, so I added a similar one to the calculator...