Preparing for Ryzen

hofhenke

Hello I have been really interested and building my first computer with ryzen just around the corner I would like to prepare first I am somewhere stock between the ryzen 5 1300 through the ryzen 7 1700.

But before ryzen releases I would like to try to pick up necessary parts like hard drive power supply (video card maybe) I would like recommendations I was looking at a full modular power supply and would like to know what kind I should get and Watts and for the hard drive I was planning on just picking up Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD anti Western Digital blue one terabyte hard drive but was wondering if I could just pick up m.2.   I do plan on doing a lot of Gaming and some video editing. recommendation on these subject will be extremely grateful

As for video card what is your budget? If you are going for high end then wait for vega

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Personally, I don't recommend picking parts in advance as something may be dead on arrival and you won't be able to test it.

M.2 is good but the only advantage would be from getting the more expensive NVME which won't really give you any benefits over normal SATA III SSD unless you move a lot of files around on it.

For a system with a single graphics card, good quality 500W-550W PSU will be way more than enough. Corsair RM, RMi, RMx or EVGA G2, G3, GS or SuperFlower Leadex should be excellent options.

If you will be playing on 1080p then RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB will be a good match if you will play at 1440p those graphics card will still be fine but stepping up to GTX 1070 would definitely be better. 

this is what AMD looks like this yr XD... (consult pic)

haha yeeeeah!!!

just wait a bit but leaks on board prices are out and CPU. rams already there but id wait to check compatibility, BUT at least you can start pricing, a Asus Alphaprime board (enthusiast grade) $380 AUD which is typically the most expensive boards. (if your not aussie expect lower price... our government loves to ass rape with prices and taxes ..)

7027717378c5c3401619abed47b838bf.jpg