Asus Aura LED RGD strips

Zandvliet

Hi all,

I've just got a new Asus Z270G motherboard and I'm looking for a RGB LED strip (30cm) that is compatible with the software. I believe the BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic RGB-LED-Strip will do the trick, however my case is a Lian Li and therefore magnetic won't work. Does anyone know another strip that I could use?

Cheers.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

17 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Hi all,

I've just got a new Asus Z270G motherboard and I'm looking for a RGB LED strip (30cm) that is compatible with the software. I believe the BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic RGB-LED-Strip will do the trick, however my case is a Lian Li and therefore magnetic won't work. Does anyone know another strip that I could use?

Cheers.

COuld always just get some cheap double sided tape.... but if you've your mind madeup to go for a new strip, cablemod has good offerings to be paired with Asus Aura

5 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

COuld always just get some cheap double sided tape.... but if you've your mind madeup to go for a new strip, cablemod has good offerings to be paired with Asus Aura

Alright thanks, will look into that.

9 hours ago, Zandvliet said:

Hi all,

Cheers.

Hey @Zandvliet, if you want a proper RGB LED solution, check out the CableMod WideBeam RGB strips, which perfectly pair with ASUS Aura headers! The adapter for the header is also included in our RGB LED solutions. :)

6 hours ago, CableMod said:

Hey @Zandvliet, if you want a proper RGB LED solution, check out the CableMod WideBeam RGB strips, which perfectly pair with ASUS Aura headers! The adapter for the header is also included in our RGB LED solutions. :)

Thanks! Am I correct to understand that one can use a stand alone CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip - 30cm connected to the motherboard? This does not require the CableMod WideBeam RGB LED Kit with it?

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Thanks! Am I correct to understand that one can use a stand alone CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip - 30cm connected to the motherboard? This does not require the CableMod WideBeam RGB LED Kit with it?

Cheers.

Hey @Zandvliet if you purchase our RGB strips, they come with the adapter, no kit required. With the kit you get the receiver and the controller. :)

3 minutes ago, CableMod said:

Hey @Zandvliet if you purchase our RGB strips, they come with the adapter, no kit required. With the kit you get the receiver and the controller. :)

Awesome thanks! Then I tihink I found my LED strips. :D 

10 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@CableMod 1 more question; when the strip is connected to the motherboard, does it also need to be connected to a sata cable?

4 hours ago, Zandvliet said:

@CableMod 1 more question; when the strip is connected to the motherboard, does it also need to be connected to a sata cable?

@CableMod Nevermind! I found it on your website. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 11:50 PM, CableMod said:

@Zandvliet awesome! If you have any further questions just let us know. :)

I do have a question. I was looking to buy your RGB LED strips but was told by one of your employees that it was out of life and therefore won't get in stock again.

What would you recommend as an alternative?
I could go for the magnetic and mount it with adhesive tape myself but I much prefer a factory solution, which is often more elegant.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

9 hours ago, Shaqalac said:

I do have a question. I was looking to buy your RGB LED strips but was told by one of your employees that it was out of life and therefore won't get in stock again.

What would you recommend as an alternative?
I could go for the magnetic and mount it with adhesive tape myself but I much prefer a factory solution, which is often more elegant.

Hi @Shaqalac yes our foam RGB strips are end of life due to low demand of the foam version, the magnetic version is going to stay as it is selling out rapidly. You could go for our hybrid solution (RGB-W strips coming soon and already available at some of our re-sellers) which is both foam and magnetic for a better future proofing solution. :)

4 hours ago, CableMod said:

Hi @Shaqalac yes our foam RGB strips are end of life due to low demand of the foam version, the magnetic version is going to stay as it is selling out rapidly. You could go for our hybrid solution (RGB-W strips coming soon and already available at some of our re-sellers) which is both foam and magnetic for a better future proofing solution. :)

I don't mind waiting at all.

I suppose it's this product you're talking about. From what I can see it doesn't mention anything about support for Asus Aura. So my question is, will the new RGB-W series support Asus Aura?

Thanks for the quick response.

15 hours ago, Shaqalac said:

I don't mind waiting at all.

I suppose it's this product you're talking about. From what I can see it doesn't mention anything about support for Asus Aura. So my question is, will the new RGB-W series support Asus Aura?

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi @Shaqalac - The RGB-W are a 5-pin header design, so they wouldn't be directly compatible with the ASUS Aura. You could purchase an individual RGB strip for the adapter, and then purchase the RGB-W's and have control of the RGB portion of the RGB-W kits, but you wouldn't have control of the W portion like you would if you purchased a kit with the included controller.

6 hours ago, CableMod said:

Hi @Shaqalac - The RGB-W are a 5-pin header design, so they wouldn't be directly compatible with the ASUS Aura. You could purchase an individual RGB strip for the adapter, and then purchase the RGB-W's and have control of the RGB portion of the RGB-W kits, but you wouldn't have control of the W portion like you would if you purchased a kit with the included controller.

That makes sense it's not compatible then.

Now I just have to figure out if I can sacrifice some space for the controller in my already snug case.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:39 AM, Shaqalac said:

That makes sense it's not compatible then.

Now I just have to figure out if I can sacrifice some space for the controller in my already snug case.

@Shaqalac what case are you rocking? :)

5 hours ago, Shaqalac said:

The quite beautiful Lian Li PC-O5S :-)

Nice! I got the Lian Li PC-O6S, got it all watercooled and now waiting to put the 1080ti in it :) still waiting on the RGB strips unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
On 5-2-2017 at 11:50 PM, CableMod said:

@Zandvliet awesome! If you have any further questions just let us know. :)

@CableMod Hi, I just received the LED strips (finally) and I was wondering if there are extensions to connect the LED strips to the MB? Now the connection is very short resulting in the LED strip to not sit as desired. Are extensions having 5pcs 4-pins connector rgb suitable, such as http://www.miniinthebox.com/5pcs-10mm-4pin-rgb-connector-wire-double-jack-wire-for-connecting-5050-rgb-led-strip-to-strip_p5143538.html?currency=EUR&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=148226714323&adword_kw=&adword_pos=1o1&adword_pl=&adword_net=g&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=2614308339_678353719_37112700840_pla-281130672474&gclid=CjwKEAjw_uvHBRDUkumF0tLFp3cSJACAIHMY5FmF6fmPrdOoDvtYImj95P_awyc4YyiDkH2iLqiufBoCocHw_wcB
Cheers.

9 hours ago, Zandvliet said:

I guess it would work, as long as you use it to connect the Asus adapter to the strip and not the strip to the header as the adapter seems to have a crossover in there looking at their kit.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 4/22/2017 at 7:44 AM, Zandvliet said:

@Zandvliet the extensions that we offer are already included in the packaging, sorry. The link you provided should work though as long as you use the included MB adapter to that extension.

8 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Zandvliet the extensions that we offer are already included in the packaging, sorry. The link you provided should work though as long as you use the included MB adapter to that extension.

@CableMod Thanks. As mentioned those extensions are very short, thanks for the info. 

Cheers.

On 2/4/2017 at 11:25 AM, Zandvliet said:

Hi all,

Cheers.

DarkSide has a connector that makes all their RGB lighting compatible. DarkSide has some best LED lighting you can buy for your case.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon