[Worldwide] Eve V - Early Bird Prices

Eelviny

Does anyone remember the hype for the Eve V, with their IndieGoGo campaign? The campaign asked for a deposit, and now the time has come to pay the remainder. At this particular time, there are quite a few people trying to sell their slots... I guess that they don't want them anymore.

It means that there's quite a few laptops going back on sale, at Early Bird prices! http://eve.community/t/official-buyers-sellers-waitinglist/4354/92 You don't have to worry about scams from buying the slots from other customers, Eve has an official method for transferring places from one person to the other.

Prices in USD, converted through PayPal. The product is sold directly through Eve, shipping costs are extra.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

Don't have to worry about scams, just the original producer not delivering the product promised, on time, or as was promised, or warranty, or any of a myriad of of problems an indie isn't willing to address.

2 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Don't have to worry about scams, just the original producer not delivering the product promised, on time, or as was promised, or warranty, or any of a myriad of of problems an indie isn't willing to address.

I hope we all fully understand the risks associated with crowd-funding, and of course I strongly advise everyone to do their research and make their own conclusion - point taken.

That being said, Eve is being very, very transparent about their production process, and my personal opinion is that they're going to deliver a quality product. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one! It's a shame I'm also trying to sell mine now... Low on funds, and with any crowd-funding, there's no easy refund option.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

Stop making me regret my Pro 4 Purchase :(.

I have enough regret as it is.

i7 Iris is too OP and 16GB RAM is too OP for laptops.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, Eelviny said:

And that's where I have a problem.

If it's taken so long that the original investors have not only gotten cold feet, but there is a process for dealing with it... That's a hell of a lot of faith  you're asking new investors to buy into when the original investors want to get out.

8 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

And that's where I have a problem.

If it's taken so long that the original investors have not only gotten cold feet, but there is a process for dealing with it... That's a hell of a lot of faith  you're asking new investors to buy into when the original investors want to get out.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm attempting to sell my space, and my reason is that I simply can't afford the damn thing anymore! I could go on with endless praise of everything that Eve is doing, and even though they're selling a premium product at a very reasonable price, I'm a student whose main workstation PC has just died. With unexpected costs, something's gotta give...

I'm currently in a position where nobody knows that there's still Eve V products available, and so don't think to try. Of the thousands that they're selling, maybe 20 people are trying to sell atm. Again, this is for people to make their own conclusion - I'm just glad that there is a process in the first place... if there wasn't, I'd be just as unsure as you.

EDIT: Don't worry about it taking so long - It's currently completely on schedule and frequent updates from the company confirm this.