Need suggestions on using old desktops to make a new desktop

I want to build a PC using a combination of my own old parts and some new parts. Just to get this out of the way, I do not care about looks or aesthetics. I am ONLY looking for performance. I am looking to build a PC that can both have a decent FPS rate in games (e.g., Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends) and can also do some editing work in programs like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere. For screen resolution, it would either be a 1280 x 720 monitor or 1920 x 1080 monitor, I am not factoring in the monitor yet because the monitor will not be budgeted in this build. My budget is around $150 - $200 CAD, and I live in Canada. I am fine with buying used parts from sites like eBay, Kijiji, and Craigslist, I really just need the performance. The caveat in this build is that I want to try and save some money by using some parts from old desktops that are just lying around in my closet. I have made a Google Doc listing what I am working with (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xfLf9Rw9K85OCDxFJEE9FiXOPEHWg-zGGhc_DgLZdXA/edit?usp=sharing). I think at best I can use things such as: the case, fans, heatsink, motherboard, hard drives, possibly network card, possibly power supply, and the optical disk drive -- if I put one in my build since those are practically obsolete now. I guess I am mainly looking for a new processor, RAM (I want at least 8 GB for multi-tasking), a GPU, and maybe a power supply depending on how much power-hungry my GPU will be. I also am not sure if doing this will create bottlenecks with other parts in my system.

If you have any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

snip

Minimum cpu required for CSGO is a Pentium 4. Have you tried playing with this system before?

Otherwise I'd say see about the harddrive and maybe an AMD APU. I think you'd need a new Motherboard, and ram though.

an apu is a cpu with a gpu in it.

you gear is really old and you will need a new motherboard as it uses DDR ram. You might be able to find an ex-lease i7-2600 and pair it with a GTX 1050 within your budget

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Both of your computers are really old and might not work with newer cpus. You will have to change the cpu, motherboard, ram and possibly the power supply.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list