(build log) ? J U I C E B O X • NZXT Manta • Titan X • 6700K • Z170 Stinger • FINISHED!

Hasle

az_juiceboxlogo_ani_resize2.gif

Hello! It's time for a change! My current build has been a proper trooper, and served me well, but I've really been itching to do

something a bit more compact. The Manta isn't the most compact mITX case on the market, but who am I to resist them curves?

I wanted a small footprint, no blue color anywhere, shiny stuff and lots of oompfh. Here's a few key words and what I plan

to cram into this adorable case (if it looks a bit bloated, it's because it's full of awesome stuff):

#hardlinetubing  #customcables  #orangeness  #dfive  #shiny

nhm_juiceboxoverview.png

All the parts are in my possession, but are scattered around the house in a big jumble, so no fancy pictures of all the boxes

just yet. I'll take the liberty to pass you off with a bland shot of the Manta for now. More to come, hope you stay tuned! :)

nhm_lttop_01.jpg

nhm_lttop_02.jpg

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

An ITX build? Oh man, this gon b gud. ITX best size tbh

Agreed, gotta love delimas where you decide whether you should just sell off your main system and upgrade your mITX system slightly so it's more comparable to your main :P (both systems are in my sig BTW) 

Anyway, followed to the topic, hardline watercooling, my current favourite case, what else is there not to like? (except how you specifically said no blue ;-;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Agreed, gotta love delimas where you decide whether you should just sell off your main system and upgrade your mITX system slightly so it's more comparable to your main :P (both systems are in my sig BTW) 

Anyway, followed to the topic, hardline watercooling, my current favourite case, what else is there not to like? (except how you specifically said no blue ;-;)

I wonder how much the watercooling gear was.

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I absolutely love the Z170 stinger.

It's such a gorgeous board. I almost held out for the 200-series boards, which also has a fair variety in mITX boards, and more features, but the decision became a bit form over function, as I can't live without that sexy I/O cover, haha.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Not hating on blue, just wanted something different for this one. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

my main machine is ITX. I love it. 

the 250D is so small I can shove it in a box and into the back seat of a small car and go to my dad's place. ryzen is my next upgrade though.

1 hour ago, Hasle said:

It's such a gorgeous board. I almost held out for the 200-series boards, which also has a fair variety in mITX boards, and more features, but the decision became a bit form over function, as I can't live without that sexy I/O cover, haha.

Not hating on blue, just wanted something different for this one. :)

EVGA's mobos are all so nice. I considered getting an EVGA X99 Micro2 and then dropping an ES Xeon 8C/16T into the puppy alongside 32GB DDR4. The only other X99 MATX mobo is the AsRock one and I'm not a fan of their brand so I opted against it. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

EVGA X99 Micro2

OMG, forgot about that...and it's CHEAPER than the Asrock one...alright, leaning towards x99 mini ITX system again...

edit: Oh yeah, it's a MATX motherboard...whoops xD 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

OMG, forgot about that...and it's CHEAPER than the Asrock one...alright, leaning towards x99 mini ITX system again...

edit: Oh yeah, it's a MATX motherboard...whoops xD 

X99 MATX, ITX is too much trouble. Maybe X299 will be smaller? @Intel pls

idk

1 hour ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I wonder how much the watercooling gear was.

Beats me. I find it best not to keep tab. :P

32 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I still can't get over how the Manta case looks like an old CRT TV....

And how awesome that is, right? RIGHT? :ph34r:

It's certainly a design that's a bit hit or miss with most people I've shown it to. I think it's smexy.

nohasslemods 

23 minutes ago, Hasle said:

Beats me. I find it best not to keep tab. :P

And how awesome that is, right? RIGHT? :ph34r:

It's certainly a design that's a bit hit or miss with most people I've shown it to. I think it's smexy.

NCase M1 watercooling? That'd be fucking cool

idk

8 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

NCase M1 watercooling? That'd be fucking cool

Actually stumbled across exactly that while looking for inspiration. Think there's a build log somewhere on the forum, dude's got some amazing solutions:

Must be an absolute nightmare to drain, though. :D

nohasslemods 

#mockupphase

One of the things that intrigued me about doing an mITX build, was fitting relatively bulky hardware in quite confined spaces. The Manta isn't that small, but

still presents some challenges when you've stubbornly decided to fit a Titan X in the middle, and set on using a D5 pump as opposed to more compact

solutions. Just fitting the front 280, 45mm thick radiator required me to dislodge the top of the case.

nhm_juice_05.jpg

nhm_juice_06.jpg

nhm_juice_07.jpg

nohasslemods 

Rest in pieces rivets...

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Rest in pieces rivets...

It was a riveting experience indeed. :P 

#shinymonarch

RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB

I decided not to submerge the RAM sticks, mainly to keep the loop as simple as possible - straight CPU and GPU, no shenanigans. I do however love the look

of EK's Monarch modules, so they're going on without the water block. They should serve plenty cooling by themselves. Stuck some domed orange EK logos

on there to tie them in with the theme.

nhm_juice_09.jpg

nhm_juice_08.jpg

nhm_juice_11.jpg

NEED YOUR OPINION!

The Monarch modules have some rather intrusive threaded holes in the top, for fitting the cooling block - on the picture above I fashioned some black vinyl to

cover them up, as you can see on the module on the right. But I also found a set of old Corsair Dominators, which I pulled the heat sinks off - they use the same

mounting hole pattern:

nhm_juice_21.jpg

nhm_juice_22.jpg

I simply can't decide. What do you guys think?

#1 Strip of matte black vinyl to cover the top of the module. Clean and simple, alternatively with some writing on it?

#2 Corsair Dominator heat sink, painted matte black, mounted with shiny screws.

nohasslemods 

23 hours ago, Droidbot said:

number one by far

I really like the simplicity of it. Will think on it. :)

#titan

nhm_juice_12.jpg

nhm_juice_13.jpg

nhm_juice_14.jpg

#andeverythingtogether

nhm_juice_15.jpg

My original plan was to fit the pump here, and suspend the reservoir over the Titan, from the top fans/rad, but it's difficult to get the loop looking clean this way

I'd wager. Might try fitting the D5 in the bottom compartment in stead, if I can get enough clearance with the power supply and cables. :)

nohasslemods 

2 minutes ago, Hasle said:

I really like the simplicity of it. Will think on it. :)

#titan

nhm_juice_12.jpg

nhm_juice_13.jpg

nhm_juice_14.jpg

#andeverythingtogether

nhm_juice_15.jpg

My original plan was to fit the pump here, and suspend the reservoir over the Titan, from the top fans/rad, but it's difficult to get the loop looking clean this way

I'd wager. Might try fitting the D5 in the bottom compartment in stead, if I can get enough clearance with the power supply and cables. :)

it's beautiful. that waterblock for the titan though.

idk

those are some nice ass ram sticks

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

14 hours ago, iNoa97 said:

those are some nice ass ram sticks

Thanks. Do you like them best with or without the Corsair Dominator heat spreaders? :o

Small picture update. Fitted an EVGA Powerlink, which lines up nicely with the in/outlet terminal on the Titan X waterblock.

nhm_juice_16.jpg

nhm_juice_17.jpg

nhm_juice_18.jpg

Also got this fabulous iFixit 128-piece bit kit, which really made it a breeze to disassemble the Titan when installing the water block. :x

nhm_juice_19.jpg

nhm_juice_20.jpg

That's it for now. Some proper updates tomorrow. :)

nohasslemods 

My preference for the RAM would be to take the chrome Allen bolts that you have that are holding the heat spreaders on and just put them in the threads of the EK modules. I think this would look great. (ie don't use the vinyl nor the heat spreaders; just use put the bolts in the EK modules).

Not sure if the threads are tapped deep enough though, you may have to get shorter bolts if you were interested in this option. 

Anyways looking great so far! Keep it up. 

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Nice ifixit kit :D 

that orange EK logo on the GPU back plate was a turn off for me :( , rest of em pretty awesome

Details separate people.

10 hours ago, Hasle said:

Thanks. Do you like them best with or without the Corsair Dominator heat spreaders? :o

I think they look cool with out the spreaders, gives it a smooth clean look

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)