Odd Discoloration

I have just noticed that the coolant I use has changed color.

20170121_193049.jpg

The coolant I am using at the moment, is Alphacool CKC clear. I have not added anything to the coolant. No dyes, anti-corrosives, or anit-microbials.

I know that things like this are not normal, but I put this loop together late October/early November.

Is this corrosion? Chemical leeching of the tubing?

You havent even added BIOCIDE cause i'm pretty sure that is usually blue

My life

Also if you are using copper rads and you haven't washed them out properly that will also make it blue.Especially if you are using alphacool rads those are very dirty

My life

So, drain and rinse-out with distilled. Then refill and continue on?

27 minutes ago, NanuNanu14 said:

So, drain and rinse-out with distilled. Then refill and continue on?

From taking a look at it, the alphacool fluid looks to be just very pure distilled water, you need to have additives in the fluid, as disitlled water is not exactly PH neutral and slightly acidic it looks like it has reacted with the copper and created basically copper chloride. 

It would be ok to drain the loop and do at least a few flushes to ensure nothing is left before filling with the proper fluid and additives.

What do you recommend I add to the coolant? I put almost an entire liter of coolant in the system, and I ordered 2 liters of the stuff.

Or should I just toss it all and get all new coolant?

9 hours ago, NanuNanu14 said:

What do you recommend I add to the coolant? I put almost an entire liter of coolant in the system, and I ordered 2 liters of the stuff.

Or should I just toss it all and get all new coolant?

Your going to need to change out and replace the now blue fluid, if you have an all copper loop with no nickel you can simply used distilled water with an additive like (Blue) PT Nuke. If there is nickel on blocks or fittings you will want to either look into getting Premixed fluids or a compatible biocide like (clear) PT Nuke. 

So, I drain the loop, and I can use the same stuff, as long as I put some PT-Nuke into it as well?

9 hours ago, NanuNanu14 said:

So, I drain the loop, and I can use the same stuff, as long as I put some PT-Nuke into it as well?

You will need to replace the current fluid, if you have a some PH strip testers I would do a quick check of that Alphacool fluid to see how acidic it is since you want the fluid in the loop to be slightly basic.