Need help with words

jasonwj322a

Is there a phrase or a line to describe something where you thought you are doing something good but it turned out to be bad? I'm pretty sure there is. Right now I can only think of "my starting point was good" but it just doesn't feel right. Any help is appreciated!

4 hours ago, jasonwj322a said:

Is there a phrase or a line to describe something where you thought you are doing something good but it turned out to be bad? I'm pretty sure there is. Right now I can only think of "my starting point was good" but it just doesn't feel right. Any help is appreciated!

You could say something like "My intentions were good" or "When I chose to do this, it was through good intentions, but unbeknownst to me, I was on a course headed towards evil"

But you know, with less melodrama :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

'I fucked up'? 

"I had the best of intentions."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

8 hours ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

'I fucked up'? 

Most people when saying 'I fucked up' need to preface it with 'It isn't -really- my fault, and that's the most important part.  Let me try to minimize my responsibility before accepting responsibility.  But really, the REAL problem is how you think it I should accept responsibility at all.  The real bad guy here is you for expecting me to accept responsibility and you should be accepting responsibility for that'

Naive?

12 hours ago, jasonwj322a said:

You mean "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside