Hello, 

I am getting the nikon d3400 with 18-55mm DX VR lens and 70-300mm DX VR lens and I was wondering what accessories that I need. I know that I need a case and sd card but like cleaning kit? uv? blower? lenspen? what do I need ?????? Accessory wise ??????

Thanks 

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
corrected title

You don't need a case, you can really just chuck it in a bag and its fine. Those cameras will last.

You don't need a specially cleaning kit or something sepcial.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You don't need a case, you can really just chuck it in a bag and its fine. Those cameras will last.

You don't need a specially cleaning kit or something sepcial.

yeah, when I mewan a case I dont mean like CASE actually I mean like shoulder bag you know just to clarify things. Also I went to the shop and the guy said I shuld get a uv filter but he was probs just trying to make sale. is it worth it buying a uv filter for the lenses?????

40 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Hello, 

I am getting the nikon d3400 with 18-55mm DX VR lens and 70-300mm DX VR lens and I was wondering what accessories that I need. I know that I need a case and sd card but like cleaning kit? uv? blower? lenspen? what do I need ?????? Accessory wise ??????

Thanks 

A camera bag will help keep things organized and padded so that they will not get knocked around inside.

Some spare batteries and memory cards are always a good idea.

An air blower is a good idea to have, you usually don't need more than that.  Perhaps a micro fiber cleaning cloth or two.   You don't need to buy cleaning kits.

For those kit lenses, and at your budget levels, UV filters are pointless.  Really good UV filters are expensive.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

A microfiber cloth is nice to have. Aswell as extra batteries and SD cards. 

As for the UV filter it depends imo. I read an article that stated you usally dont get much of a sharpness loss but its rather flaring and stuff like that you can experience with cheaper filters. (Of course the absolute cheapest will drop the IQ) The reccomendation pretty much was that a decent Hoya filter at around 30-50US is good most of the time. 

However for your lenses I would only invest ln a UV filter if you know you will use it where you can risk damaging the glass. I for example have shot skiing, downhill, mtb and stuff like that where you can end up very close to the action and mainly there can be a lot of dirt, snow and small rocks that can hit your lens. In these cases I have had and used UV filters but for more landscapes and so I don't use on cheaper lenses. However if I buy for example a Zeiss lens I will probably get myself an Uv but that will be an expensive one so it makes sense. (As a 100us is way easier to replace than 1000us) 

Its up to you really, but I advice you from buying a UV that costs under 30US as it probably will degrade the quality in different aspects. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I have had too many lens filter threads break off or bend to risk it even on my cheaper lenses, where the damage is more likely to be irreparable. For the kit lens, I'd get something like that simply because if its your only lens you could be out of commission for a while. If you get something more expensive, then buy a good UV filter sure. 

For the bag, I'd go with something like lowepro's http://www.lowepro.com/photo-hatchback-aw or with a cheap insert, that way you can use it as a backpack for anything else or you can just convert a backpack you already have. Bags are a very particular thing though. 

What I can certainly recommend is a capture clip like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AFZTJVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it allows you to be out and about more comfortably than a camera strap.

I also pick up a couple of extra batteries, even 3rd party ones do the trick, in case I run out and am away from a plug. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/