What do you guys think of ROBLOX?

IsaacThePooper

Title kinda says it all.

Currently I make games on ROBLOX, they have a new system were you can exchange your robux (the in-game currency) into real money (USD). So far I've made over $5,000 USD.

But I still think that ROBLOX is a complete mess and there is A LOT that can change/be better.

I was pretty surprised on how "under the radar" this game is compared to Minecraft.

ROBLOX is different from Minecraft, in Minecraft the objective is to survive, in ROBLOX the objective is to create a game (or play another's game).

I know I will get TONS of hate, and I'd agree with you. ROBLOX is pretty terrible in term of player experience, but they've really supported me finically to save up for college.

It really comes down to what games you play/make, my favorite is still Phantom Forces, I know the developers really well and their game is absolutely amazing. They probably make $50,000 USD every month.

So yeah, just a couple of thoughts. (since this is off-topic)

4 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

snip

One of my friends makes games on this. I had considered making games with this system but I didn't believe it to be profitable. Maybe I'll actually try developing for this game now that I know it is profitable.

https://www.roblox.com/developer-exchange/tos

i played the game when i was younger, and my god, was it absolute garbage. but now that i see my brother still playing it, it's massively improved. but i'm stil not bothering playing the game anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D