Get rid of GPU or Optiplex?

I've been working on my first build that I planned on selling for some money. Its nothing high end, but was suppose to do a bit of gaming. I bought myself a dell optiplex sff 790, and got a evga 750 ti. I heard the graphics card would fit with the SFF but it isnt fitting at all. so i came to the conclusion that i might just get rid of one or the other. I dont know whether to sell my graphics card or the half built dell optiplex. each were about 100$ to get (including all the shipping) what should i do?

Sell the 750ti. The 1050ti is out and will soon be taking over from the 750ti as the budget card of choice.

Optiplex's no offence are ten a penny, it's my go-to system when people are on a tight budget and need something capable for social media and light editing workloads.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

9 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Sell the 750ti. The 1050ti is out and will soon be taking over from the 750ti as the budget card of choice.

Optiplex's no offence are ten a penny, it's my go-to system when people are on a tight budget and need something capable for social media and light editing workloads.

so should i just ditch both of them all together? because i doubt a 1050 ti would fit into this optiplex.

Ditch the 750Ti and get the new MSI GTX 1050Ti LP:

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

does Dell use a standard MiniITX motherboard in thier SFF systems? if yes you  could just transplant into a new case

or do they use their own proprietary board?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 minutes ago, thom derksen said:

You should had bought something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABVR50Y1637

my little brother had one of these until he got his 1070. was a really nice card from what I heard (which is a 12yo raging sucessfully)

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

1 minute ago, mok said:

does Dell use a standard MiniITX motherboard in thier SFF systems? if yes you  could just transplant into a new case

or do they use their own proprietary board?

I have the 7010 sff and the board seems to be slightly larger than itx.

Here is the board for OPs 790 sff:

Spoiler

dell-optiplex-790-small-form-factor-sff-

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, kennakenna said:

ah okay, its a bit more then my budget but i suppose if i sell the one i have it'll be alright

The 1050Ti is alot faster than the 750Ti, its definatly going to be money well spent ;)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, kennakenna said:

I've been working on my first build that I planned on selling for some money. Its nothing high end, but was suppose to do a bit of gaming. I bought myself a dell optiplex sff 790, and got a evga 750 ti. I heard the graphics card would fit with the SFF but it isnt fitting at all. so i came to the conclusion that i might just get rid of one or the other. I dont know whether to sell my graphics card or the half built dell optiplex. each were about 100$ to get (including all the shipping) what should i do?

28 minutes ago, oskarha said:

I have the 7010 sff and the board seems to be slightly larger than itx.

Here is the board for OPs 790 sff:

Hide contents

dell-optiplex-790-small-form-factor-sff-

OP!
i think you can buy any cheap $30 MicroATX case and make it work

i see at least 5 motherboard mounting points similar to regular mobos. the only odd one is the screw above the 24pin power connector

Just now, mok said:

OP!
i think you can buy any cheap $30 MicroATX case and make it work

i see at least 5 motherboard mounting points similar to regular mobos. the only odd one is the screw above the 24pin power connector

Yes, but front panel connectors are all proprietary, so transferring the board would be a pain.

Also, why would you buy a SFF Optiplex if your going to put the board in a larger case?

Main Rig:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, oskarha said:

Yes, but front panel connectors are all proprietary, so transferring the board would be a pain.

Also, why would you buy a SFF Optiplex if your going to put the board in a larger case?

OP made a mistake assuming he could fit a full size GPU into his SFF system

i dont think OP knew that the SFF system was going to be as small as it is - just giving him the benefit of the doubt that he wasnt fully aware of his purchase

but youre right i forgot about the front panel io - a case transplant wont work