Buying a drone

Meme lord
14 hours ago, samocamo123 said:

Well it's not a GOOD charger, but it's good enough for getting started.

as for the aircrafts, id spend a little more than $200 like that one from gearbest. Sure it may have rs2205 motors, but i can tell you just by looking at the pictures that carbon there is shit. Same with that circularly polarized antenna.

ASU

19 hours ago, Meme lord said:

Could I get anything bigger? I feel like it would blow away in the wind.

I've flown a stock inductrix outdoors plenty of times. It handles really well considering how small the thing is. Start here, otherwise you're going to blow $300 on a quad, and crash it immediately, which will necessitate another $100 in repairs, more than likely.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Well it's not a GOOD charger, but it's good enough for getting started.

as for the aircrafts, id spend a little more than $200 like that one from gearbest. Sure it may have rs2205 motors, but i can tell you just by looking at the pictures that carbon there is shit. Same with that circularly polarized antenna.

Do you think I could get something like it for same price?

56 minutes ago, Meme lord said:

Do you think I could get something like it for same price?

Like what? 

ASU

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Since you said the drone isn't that good, I was wondering if there was a different drone around the same price and performance.

1 hour ago, Meme lord said:

Since you said the drone isn't that good, I was wondering if there was a different drone around the same price and performance.

I have looked and it's pretty much the cheapest quad close to being good under 400$. This is pretty good also http://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Wizard-X220-FPV-Racer-Blheli_S-Naze32-6DOF-5_8G-48CH-200MW-700TVL-Camera-w-FlySky-I6-RTF-p-1077100.html but has an even worse antenna. 

2 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

I have looked and it's pretty much the cheapest quad close to being good under 400$. This is pretty good also http://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Wizard-X220-FPV-Racer-Blheli_S-Naze32-6DOF-5_8G-48CH-200MW-700TVL-Camera-w-FlySky-I6-RTF-p-1077100.html but has an even worse antenna. 

1 hour ago, Meme lord said:

This is also pretty good but needs a radio system,  VTX, antenna ,  and camera.  It also requires you to build and solder it together.  http://m.banggood.com/Realacc-X210-PRO-3K-Frame-w-CC3D-REVO-F4-Racerstar-BR2205-2600KV-Motor-RS30A-V2-Blheli_S-5X4X3-Prop-p-1102264.html 

7 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Ill look into this one

The most important thing for a beginner is not good electronics and motors. Those can come. What you really want is quality carbon that can take a few beatings. For this the best option really is to build your own, but something maybe like the shuriken 180 would be a good starter. 

ASU

13 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The most important thing for a beginner is not good electronics and motors. Those can come. What you really want is quality carbon that can take a few beatings. For this the best option really is to build your own, but something maybe like the shuriken 180 would be a good starter. 

The new real acc X210 variants are quite nice the v+ model is 6k carbon,  and the pro model is 3k but they actually cared about how it was cut and how it was cut to the texture of the carbon. 

56 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

The new real acc X210 variants are quite nice the v+ model is 6k carbon,  and the pro model is 3k but they actually cared about how it was cut and how it was cut to the texture of the carbon. 

What kind of cf it is doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the carbon and the quality of the cut. Armattan has really good carbon sources and really good machining. 

ASU

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

What kind of cf it is doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the carbon and the quality of the cut. Armattan has really good carbon sources and really good machining. 

Can confirm this. I have an armattan f1-5 acro with the acro pod. The carbon quality is second to none - didn't even need any refinishing on the edges when I got it in the mail. It's an excellent brand to go with for a frame.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

5 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Can confirm this. I have an armattan f1-5 acro with the acro pod. The carbon quality is second to none - didn't even need any refinishing on the edges when I got it in the mail. It's an excellent brand to go with for a frame.

They do irritate me a little bit, their "life time warranty" on all their frames only coveres the parts that are least likely to break. That being said, I had to full throttle (50mph ish) into a sports light to break any carbon. 

ASU

16 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

As I was saying the x210 pro has much better quality cuts, I can't be sure about the carbon because I don't really know how to tell, but the machining is higher quality and they actually paid attention to the cutting.

24 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

As I was saying the x210 pro has much better quality cuts, I can't be sure about the carbon because I don't really know how to tell, but the machining is higher quality and they actually paid attention to the cutting.

Was the carbon finished? Were the edges smooth with any fibers sticking out? 

Edit: WOOOOOOOOOOO, 3K POSTS. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Was the carbon finished? Were the edges smooth with any fibers sticking out? 

The carbon was finished with pretty smooth edges. Some very small things needed mild sanding but most of the frames I have seen other people get needed a small amount of sanding.