Need help acquiring CPU cooler.

JNA
Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

Hello everybody!
SKIP TO (TL;DR IF YOU CBF READING)

A few days ago I made a post reguarding this very topic. Unfortunately, the heatsink I purchased is too big for this case. (No worries, I will throw that heatsink into my WinXP rig). I am looking for a LOW PROFILE cooler to replace my stock Intel 80mm cooler. The case is amazingly small, and the PSU is sitting right on top of the motherboard, not allowing much room.

I have uploaded and captioned a bunch of photos on imgur to show my situation off a little better, as I do not know what case I am using. As I type this post, the CPU is running at 50°C. The chip is throttling, and the stock fan is annoying and noisy. I am also looking for a 90mm - 3pin - system fan. Budget is 85ish USD (100-110AUD)

(TL;DR)
NEED:
1. 80mm CPU cooler
2. 90mm 3 pin system fan
3. A hug
4. Budget is $110AUD (80-90USD)

Thanks for the help!
Here is the imgur.com post: http://imgur.com/a/j6rDY

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

The Noctua NH-L line may be good for you to look at.

I watched this video yesterday. That's too big. Please read the whole post or the TL;DR.. 80mm is my size.

If you're going to help, please look into suggestion a specific cooler meeting my size needs, don't just throw up a "line" of CPU coolers.

4 minutes ago, JNA said:

I watched this video yesterday. That's too big. Please read the whole post or the TL;DR.. 80mm is my size.

If you're going to help, please look into suggestion a specific cooler meeting my size needs, don't just throw up a "line" of CPU coolers.

I did edit my post with a link to one.

Most, if not all of the NH-L coolers are under 80mm.

Or do you mean diameter and not height? Generally when referring to a cooler size, its the height.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I did edit my post with a link to one.

Now we are talking! That looks great.

Here is a link. I hate to be a bother, but do you think this is going to fit without an issue? I really don't know much about CPU fans at all.
https://www.i-tech.com.au/noctua-nh-l9i-low-profile-intel-cpu-cooler-nh-l9i.html?gclid=COqx3YWhsdECFQIHvAodm1cPCg

5 minutes ago, JNA said:

The NH-L12 is 66mm tall without the 120mm top fan (and will still cool your CPU well, my i7-4790 is at around 60 degrees under load with it) and has an 80mm fan which is silent to keep air moving without the 120mm fan. Just saying, a 4 pin fan can still work with a 3 pin header.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, JNA said:

Now we are talking! That looks great.

Here is a link. I hate to be a bother, but do you think this is going to fit without an issue? I really don't know much about CPU fans at all.
https://www.i-tech.com.au/noctua-nh-l9i-low-profile-intel-cpu-cooler-nh-l9i.html?gclid=COqx3YWhsdECFQIHvAodm1cPCg

Same as the one i linked, should work just fine.

$70 seems a bit expensive for it though, try looking on Amazon, can probably get it for cheaper.

$70 seems a bit expensive for it

Haha! You're a funny guy. Australia has ridiculous prices. Part of the reason I moved to PC gaming.

For example, Americans pay $60USD for a AAA+ Xbone title, we pay $80USD...

Apparently New Zealand has it worse :P

I'm looking at a video review of this cooler now, looks great, going to buy it now.

1 minute ago, JNA said:

Haha! You're a funny guy. Australia has ridiculous prices. Part of the reason I moved to PC gaming.

For example, Americans pay $60USD for a AAA+ Xbone title, we pay $80USD...

Apparently New Zealand has it worse :P

I'm looking at a video review of this cooler now, looks great, going to buy it now.

Ahh i didn't realise the currency haha, I just assumed it was USD to be honest.
If was i was to buy that coolers it £34.99, so just over $60 NZ dollars ;p

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The NH-L12 is 66mm tall without the 120mm top fan

Look at the imgur.com post. Do you see the PSU almost touching my stock cooler? Do you think the NH-L12 will fit? (Not being sarcastic I'm genuinely asking)

Ahh i didn't realise the currency haha, I just assumed it was USD to be honest.
If was i was to buy that coolers it £34.99, so just over $60 NZ dollars ;p

So there we go! Seems about right! :-)

4 minutes ago, JNA said:

Look at the imgur.com post. Do you see the PSU almost touching my stock cooler? Do you think the NH-L12 will fit? (Not being sarcastic I'm genuinely asking)

Oh that won't fit... Also, the PSU is intaking air with that fan.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What cpu and case do you have?

50c doesn't seem high at all.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.