NZXT Hue+ Compatibility

AasimMK
Go to solution Solved by AngryFishLady,

Just plug it in, it'll be fine. Make sur to turn off your psu before hand to be sure.

Hi,

I have purchased NZXT Hue+ and I want to install it in my system. But this guy(in the video below) given me a little fever. So, I am rethinking before connecting my Hue+ kit with Asus Z170-a and Corsair RMx650. Help me brothers.

The guy from the video used a cable that didn't come with his PSU. So if you just use the correct cable from your PSU you'll be fine.

it didn't do anything to his system. If you connect it properly you will have an even better looking system ;)

using a hue plus for over a year without issue. in short the guy in the video fucked up, NZXT didnt. You are safe hue+ is a solid product.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

On a side note I hate that guy making such a fuss over this and pointing fingers in the wrong direction since people are going to be afraid of the unit now and NZXT is going to feel the blunt of that when said video maker will have pretty much no repercussions from his fuck up.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The video does say the HUE+ didn't do anything wrong. And he does explain he did it himself, what went wrong and deleted the video's falsely accusing NZXT. I like his video's and his honesty.

12 minutes ago, rnlddbr said:

The video does say the HUE+ didn't do anything wrong. And he does explain he did it himself, what went wrong and deleted the video's falsely accusing NZXT. I like his video's and his honesty.

Even still I'm sure thousands of people who are not subbed to him seen his NZXT Hue+ killed my system videos and never seen the followup, and another companies name has to be tarnished because of those claims when he didn't look at other possibilities for what happened. 

System Specs

17 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

thousands of people who are not subbed to him seen his NZXT Hue+ killed my system

True

I borrowed my friends before buying one and used a different PSU cable, PC didnt boot

Used my own cable when I bought one and has worked fine ever since.

HOWEVER, CAM is a pile o ****, every update seems to break one and fix something else.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Just plug it in, it'll be fine. Make sur to turn off your psu before hand to be sure.

Have one in my computer no problem BUT if you plan to upgrade cpu/mobo soon most if not all the med range to high end enthusiast boards come with a built in header for led strips. 

I would have went this route had i known what i know now. I among many others have had issues with the Hue+ de initializing on the usb controller. ( you have to power down unplug the computer then turn it all back on to re initialize) Its a problem nzxt has been working on fixing for a oddly lengthy amount of time.