X79 Motherboard

And another thing about X79 are that they are either dirt cheap, or extremely expensive

I have a P9X79LE board and it works great!

I can tell you right now that the original X79 Boards are a crap shoot and from all of my testing an trying to find one the only company that had most of their boards for it stable was ASUS. Asrock was a close second but I really hate the order they put the slots in in a bunch of their boards. I mean who whats a PCI slot over a PCI-E on a X79 platform? Also I have heard plenty of problems about MSI and gigabyte X79 boards as well.

Asus actually has great reviews.  And great rep.  And boards ship faulty sometimes, its a fact.  But Asus is a great brand and I quite frankly love my P9X79LE board.

+1 for the ASUS X79-DELUXE. Amazing board, not cheap but worth it.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

the P9X79LE is good too, they are both in the same line, both have the same sort of features. The Deluxe board has more features, but overall they both have the same quality and basic features.

Well how come the P9X79 LE does :?

i was talking about the regular p9x79, not the LE, didn't even know an LE existed to be honest with you

CPU: core i7 3930k @4.2ghz- MOBO: ASUS P9X79- GPU: GTX 680 2gb Reference SLI- SIMM: 8gb Kingston hyperX genesis 1600mhz- HDD/SSD: Seagate Baracuda 1.0tb/OCZ agility 3/ Vertex 2- CASE: corsair graphite 600T- COOLER: corsair H100- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850w- FANS: Noctua NF-F12.

i was talking about the regular p9x79, not the LE, didn't even know an LE existed to be honest with you

lol. Thats fine, its not that known about

Then you are buying low end :o

I wouldnt consider the $300 price point I was looking at at the time particularly low end. I did end up with the Sabertooth X79 though as it was just outside my range but ended up being on sale the next day.

High end hardware is so much fun. You spend more money on the enthusiast platform and are rewarded with more problems and headaches. Sounds about right. High end video cards arent much better. The dual gpu asus 5970 was plauged with so many problems it was never stable till i flashed it with a saphire bios.

Also i have never ever had a problem with a gigabyte motherboard. They dont always have all the features i wanted in the past but they are bulletproof.

yep thats usually the case though its never been as bad as it has with X79 as long as I can remember. I think this is because they now pour more money or at least put more focus on the boards destined to have the mainstream CPUs. This is because they are enough especially for "gamers". Also building your own PC and PC gaming are now "cool" but usually those people wont spend that kind of money on a system. truthfully even if they did it would be under utilized because they wouldnt know what to do with it.

Also just about every company had problems with X79 even ASUS but they fixed theirs with BIOS some other brands had hardware issues (im looking at you intel).

Funny you should mention that because thats something i hate about x79, theres no extra slot above the 1st pcie x16 slot so the video card is too close to the ram and io. I had to remove the io cover thingy on the evga dark because it was hitting my Titan. I wonder what the clearence will be on the io cover on the rampage iv black.

I dont me over like above, I meant over like say if you have 2 dual slots card in one of the slots you could still use was PCI when it could have easily been a PCI-E.

And another thing about X79 are that they are either dirt cheap, or extremely expensive

This wasnt always the case but yes it is now the case when I bought my Sabertooth X79 finding anything at or below $300 that had everything I wanted was quite hard. Many got really close but then it was like a ECS, had a completely broken BIOS, or other random hardware issues.

I really hope so *crosses fingers*