Vertical monitors to match the hight of a horizontal monitor

Mattophobia

I'm in the market for a new monitor set up and want a 22-24" monitor in the center with a vertical monitor either side that when vertical matches the height of the horizontal monitor. I know I could just get two 24" monitors but the way my desk is setup I'd be staring at the seam between the two monitors and don't want that. Any suggestions for what I should buy would be brilliant (It'd also be especially good if they were 120-144Hz 3D monitors, but not necessary). Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a shoddy photoshop of kind of what i'm looking for. (It's also worth noting that even if I can't use the vertical monitors for eyefinity or something I still have uses for them!)

J1oDGT6.png

Don't even get what you mean.....i'm stupid :c

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Just putting it out there, unless you're going to do eyefinity at some awkward resolution (even then you need a lot of horsepower to take advantage of 120+/3D) there's no need for anything special for a vertical monitor unless IPS for graphical work. You won't really be doing any gaming or movies on them. 

Error: 410

With nvidia you have to have 3 identical monitors for surround. there is no leeway :(

hello

Don't even get what you mean.....i'm stupid :c

Updated the post with a shoddy photoshop!

With nvidia you have to have 3 identical monitors for surround. there is no leeway  :(

Ahh ballbags. Well I'd still have my uses for them either way. :P

Just putting it out there, unless you're going to do eyefinity at some awkward resolution (even then you need a lot of horsepower to take advantage of 120+/3D) there's no need for anything special for a vertical monitor unless IPS for graphical work. You won't really be doing any gaming or movies on them. 

It's more the size I'm looking for. I've found it really difficult to find vertical monitors that are the same height as the horizontal one. 

Well there's this:

WP_000072.jpg

But finding the side monitors are hard since they don't make 1600x1200 monitors anymore

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Well there's this:

WP_000072.jpg

But finding the side monitors are hard since they don't make 1600x1200 monitors anymore

Yes, exactly. that. e_e

Yea but that a 30" 2560x1600 in the centre so bigger then you are wanting. I have kinda been looking for the same but with my 27 in the centre. I just decided to get 2 27's

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

I'm in the market for a new monitor set up and want a 22-24" monitor in the center with a vertical monitor either side that when vertical matches the height of the horizontal monitor. I know I could just get two 24" monitors but the way my desk is setup I'd be staring at the seam between the two monitors and don't want that. Any suggestions for what I should buy would be brilliant (It'd also be especially good if they were 120-144Hz 3D monitors, but not necessary). Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a shoddy photoshop of kind of what i'm looking for. (It's also worth noting that even if I can't use the vertical monitors for eyefinity or something I still have uses for them!)

My dream set is 3 27" debezeled monitors in portrait posicion and this 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7jmRQ2KcN4

• 5 years later...

I Know how you feel

I have a setup like that with no matching monitors (24' 1920x1200 in the middle and 2 22' 1920x1080 vertical on each side) hopefully i will be replacing my middle one to a 32'' UHD . Height will still be different and the higher resolution will make moving from one screen to the other more difficult but still is something i need to do... let me know if you find a solution