Software Censor sound solution for live streaming?

Hey LTT community, 

I'm looking at starting a live stream but I want to try and keep it friendly to younger audiences and my grandma; that kind of thing. To that end, I'm looking for some way to censor cursing and strong language from video games on the fly. Optimally An automatic word recognition solution would be epic. But more practically a macro I can tie to one of my mouse keys to bleep the audio in a buffered delay would also work. I know that standard news censor work by live editing the buffer between the recording and the broadcast using fancy external boxes and whatnot but I'm looking for a software solution that would work with Xplit or OBS or independently of them. Any ideas?

If God exists, you'll want to know Him

If God is Christ, He died so that you could. (Romans 5:6-11)

Voice/speech recognition is in its very babysteps still. So no way you are going to find anything free or anything remotely useful.

The way live-TV etc. do it, they have something like 2min delay and production staff bleeping. For now your options are A) tell your granma that there will be f***ing swearing in your g*****n stream. Or B) don't swear and play games that don't make you angry.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Voice/speech recognition is in its very babysteps still. So no way you are going to find anything free or anything remotely useful.

The way live-TV etc. do it, they have something like 2min delay and production staff bleeping. For now your options are A) tell your granma that there will be f***ing swearing in your g*****n stream. Or B) don't swear and play games that don't make you angry.

I know that the voice recognition is very unlikely but you have to have an ideal to shoot for. ;) 
I'm not so much worried about my own swearing but swearing in the game itself. Division and watchdogs 2 use what some would consider highly offensive language on a normal basis but there also probably worth playing so I want to find some sort of solution.

3 minutes ago, Gatekeeper01 said:

I know that the voice recognition is very unlikely but you have to have an ideal to shoot for. ;) 
I'm not so much worried about my own swearing but swearing in the game itself. Division and watchdogs 2 use what some would consider highly offensive language on a normal basis but there also probably worth playing so I want to find some sort of solution.

Those two games are also rated for adult audiences. I haven't played neither, but many games have option to limit both gore and language. Then again, why would you show such violent games to your grandmother? And showing games rated for mature audiences to pre-teens is as bad as letting them play those games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Those two games are also rated for adult audiences. I haven't played neither, but many games have option to limit both gore and language. Then again, why would you show such violent games to your grandmother? And showing games rated for mature audiences to pre-teens is as bad as letting them play those games.

I agree! I'm not trying to show these things to my grandmother or pre-teens. But because youtube is open, people will find my streams and I would feel a lot better if I wasn't uploading content that would be offensive to them. I know practically any content will be offensive to someone somewhere (youtube comments would attest to such a fact) but my goal is to provide a place where people would see the latest triple-A titles without concerns about language or content. (I have other ideas for how to censor the visual content.) 

Regardless of the reason or specifics on implementation and effectiveness, I'm looking for some way to bleep language before it hits the live stream.

9 minutes ago, Gatekeeper01 said:

I agree! I'm not trying to show these things to my grandmother or pre-teens. But because youtube is open, people will find my streams and I would feel a lot better if I wasn't uploading content that would be offensive to them. I know practically any content will be offensive to someone somewhere (youtube comments would attest to such a fact) but my goal is to provide a place where people would see the latest triple-A titles without concerns about language or content. (I have other ideas for how to censor the visual content.) 

Regardless of the reason or specifics on implementation and effectiveness, I'm looking for some way to bleep language before it hits the live stream.

YT has setting that hides stuff which are for mature audience. Same with Twitch where you can select if your channel contains rought material. Neither will prevent anything really. But they are as good as any warning. Sure you can bleep things too. But going it live would mean you need second person doing it as you don't know when the right time is. And nothings worse than bleep which has bad timing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv