"Low Profile" memory

I am planning on buying myself a Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler for christmas, but I'm worried about the ram clearance. My current ram heatspreaders barely clear the PCB, but I don't know if that makes it low profile or not. Does low profile ram use a smaller PCB? Or is it just the heatspreader height?

Yes, the PCB is slightly smaller and has no heatspreaders. What RAM do you have at the moment? 

idk

Low profile ram won't have any heatspreaders. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

The ram clearance with that cooler is very limited. I have it, and my corsair vengeance lpx barely fit in (I had to use the slots not covered by the cooler).

So much wrong info in this thread, even double facepalm won't save it.

All of those who replied with wrong info, do some research on physical ram dimensions. 

Hint: Vengeance LPX is not low profile ram.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Yes, the PCB is slightly smaller and has no heatspreaders. What RAM do you have at the moment? 

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

So much wrong info in this thread, even double facepalm won't save it.

All of those who replied with wrong info, do some research on physical ram dimensions. 

Hint: Vengeance LPX is not low profile ram.

At the moment I have this memory: [picture]

The total height (from the bottom of the contacts to the top of the heatspreader) is 33mm.

I can't find the maximum ram height anywhere, and I don't know if memory clearance is measured from the base of the contact or the top of the slot. However, I am reasonably sure that it fits the "low profile" description.

Just now, ShaolinBear said:

The total height (from the bottom of the contacts to the top of the heatspreader) is 33mm.

I can't find the maximum ram height anywhere, and I don't know if memory clearance is measured from the base of the contact or the top of the slot. However, I am reasonably sure that it fits the "low profile" description.

that's just standard memory size

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

that's just standard memory size

Alright then. Does that mean it won't be compatible with the cooler? Be Quiet! don't seem to have published the RAM clearance specifications.

After looking around, from base of the ram to the top, 40mm is the maximum for the drp3

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

After looking around, from base of the ram to the top, 40mm is the maximum for the drp3

Cheers. Sounds like it'll fit with plenty to spare. Where did you find that?

honestly I'd still recommend something from noctua, nh-d15 maybe. they're ugly but cool really well

idk

14 minutes ago, ShaolinBear said:

Low profile ram in the front, and standard height ram on the back. The ram you got is not low profile, just standard height.

ballistix-sport-best-fit.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list