I6700K vs R9280X = graphics

DiceAtlas

review question,

I may have to sacrifice my Gforce (my error -  Windforce)  R9280X but in return I will own i6700K, so the question is 

Is the graphics on the 6700K comparable to the R9 280X

on 1080P

The integrated graphics on an i7 6700K is much worse than the graphics an AMD Radeon R9 280X (Not sure where Geforce/Gforce came from in your post) has. At least in games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Are you trying to compare a graphics card graphics, to the intergrated graphics of the i7?

They are nowhere near comparable.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

Gforce R9280X

Sorry that made me laugh. But seriously if your talking gaming then no the igpu will not hold a candle to the 280X

Just now, RKRiley said:

Are you trying to compare a graphics card graphics, to the intergrated graphics of the i7?

Yes

im am trying to upgrade from AMD 6300 with UD3 board and R9280X to i6700K, MSI board - but am trying to understand is giving up the GPU ( for a while) is worth it

The cpu is used for running and processing your computer. It is not used for gaming. I don't get how you think of that, it is laughable. The i7 replaces your cpu, not your gpu.

3 minutes ago, AyyLmfao said:

The cpu is used for running and processing your computer. It is not used for gaming. I don't get how you think of that, it is laughable. The i7 replaces your cpu, not your gpu.

You can game on the integrated graphics but I think you'd rather kill yourself than do that. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

7 minutes ago, Spookshow said:

Sorry that made me laugh. But seriously if your talking gaming then no the igpu will not hold a candle to the 280X

looks like i may have worded my question a bit to the left , ( and look like a real tool)  I know the GPU is going to trump the CPU in graphics, I guess Im trying to get a fix on if the i6700K internal graphics is "OK" for 1080P for the interim - more to the point is the integrated graphics worth anything?

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

You can game on the integrated graphics but I think you'd rather kill yourself than do that. 

I know that but there should no point in saying that. Just stating that you can't compare  gpu and cpu for gaming. They do different things. This website is so laggy. For moblie users anyway.

2 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

looks like i may have worded my question a bit to the left , ( and look like a real tool)  I know the GPU is going to trump the CPU in graphics, I guess Im trying to get a fix on if the i6700K internal graphics is "OK" for 1080P for the interim - more to the point is the integrated graphics worth anything?

The integrated graphics is just about good enough to do med settings on a few games at 1080p. 

2 minutes ago, AyyLmfao said:

I know that but there should no point in saying that. Just stating that you can't compare  gpu and cpu for gaming. They do different things. This website is so laggy. For moblie users anyway.

The integrated graphics of the 5775c was equal to a GTX 750, making it quite decent for gaming. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

sorry guys for seeming silly, thats what learning is about - 

it just seems that the Chips and Motherboard for the most part seem to be listing thisng like -   maximum resolution of 4096×2160@24Hz, 2560×1600@60Hz

so it made me think - 

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Lmao Geforce R9 280X. No, the integrated graphics on ALL cpus do not come close to matching an R9 280X. 

Instead of getting an i7, you could settle for an i5 and discrete GPU. Maybe not even needing to replace the R9 280X.

Whats your budget (in YOUR local currency) and can you link us a local parts seller? Maybe we can make up something better for you. 

Whats your budget   AU $800

MSI tomahalk $209

6700K - $455

Ram 2666 $129 16gb

cooler - "up for debate" - reside in (quite)  humid environment - 

three parts in AU

https://www.computeralliance.com.au

www.mwave.com.au

http://cplonline.com.au/

we are expensive in AU - seems as though it is a postage premium down here :D 

and we are getting way of topic here - thank you guys 

Im trying to build a PC for a daughter in Uin (collage) studding video and graphics, a teenage son who just wants to max out games.

..... probably easier to get to 2 PCs :D

10 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

Whats your budget   AU $800

MSI tomahalk $209

6700K - $455

Ram 2666 $129 16gb

cooler - "up for debate" - reside in (quite)  humid environment - 

three parts in AU

https://www.computeralliance.com.au

www.mwave.com.au

http://cplonline.com.au/

we are expensive in AU - seems as though it is a postage premium down here :D 

For gaming you shouldn't pick more than a I5 6600K at best, you more or less don't benefit from an I7 over a I5 when just gaming. You also don't have to use an OC able (K) CPU especially if you don't really know what to do to overclock. And if you don't have a CPU, so a i5 6600 for example than you don't need a Z170 motherboard and can safe some money for a GPU instead.

45 minutes ago, Narnash said:

For gaming you shouldn't pick more than a I5 6600K at best, you more or less don't benefit from an I7 over a I5 when just gaming.

In games optimized for multithreaded processors, the difference between and i5 and i7 is night and day.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

17 minutes ago, Festive said:

In games optimized for multithreaded processors, the difference between and i5 and i7 is night and day.

I think they are referring to the mass majority of games since none were specifically mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Festive said:

Gaming with or without a dedicated GPU is a diffrerance of night and day.

Gaming a multithread optimized game with an I5 instead of a I7 is more like sunny and a bit hazy day. :D 

I get your point, but you can game a multithread optimized game with a i5 6600(K) but gaming the same game without a dedicated GPU is like a blind person describing colors. Maybe he can start or imagine something like colors but he never can get a nice experience.

PS: I'm aware that you can play some competitive titles like LoL, CS:GO just fine on a casual level with a iGPU that isn't to old. 

52 minutes ago, Narnash said:

Gaming with or without a dedicated GPU is a diffrerance of night and day.

Gaming a multithread optimized game with an I5 instead of a I7 is more like sunny and a bit hazy day. :D 

I get your point, but you can game a multithread optimized game with a i5 6600(K) but gaming the same game without a dedicated GPU is like a blind person describing colors. Maybe he can start or imagine something like colors but he never can get a nice experience.

PS: I'm aware that you can play some competitive titles like LoL, CS:GO just fine on a casual level with a iGPU that isn't to old. 

I totally agree with the igpu vs dgpu statement lol. Was just making sure op knew there, in fact, was a difference between i5s and i7s in gaming because there is a common misconception going around that there is virtually no difference between the two.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •