What exactly makes the Corsair VS series that bad?

This is something i was reading all over the interwebs, but I was wondering what makes them so bad? Asides from "poor" efficiency and bad caps I havent found too many reasonably detailed answers to this question. I mean if i was building a cheap PC with cheap components, I'm not expecting it to be overly efficient anyways. And I'm pretty sure that those units don't just blow up and kill your whole system. I mean I'm not new to electronics and I know how they work, and I also know that cheap caps are indeed crap, (I have replaced the caps on the psu of my TV at least two or three times before i gave it an actual fan to cool this peace of crap down - due to the lack of quality replacements available in my town) but this is something i dont understand.

So (for me) the conclusion of this question, according to people on the internet, is that those are mostly bad because they won't exceed their warranty time by much. (which is expectable at 35 dollars) And 'cause someone told them they were bad. 

Also something i dont understand fully: Why are some PSUs not compatible with newer gens of CPUs? do they lack enough power on some rails?

VS = Very S**t. the clue is in the name.

Jk, im not too sure.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

They are only bad because people are expecting them to be so much more than just an entry level PSU. They are honestly fine for any normal computer.

And for your question about why some PSU's aren't supported with newer CPU's. Well, they pretty much all are. Just not with some of the power-saving features that some of the CPU's have.

At least to my knowledge.

Idk about this series, but buying CX is really 50\50 good.

Some of them stink, some of them coil whine, some just fcking burn out in few days. Same with newer FSP psu's (released after 2008).

I only trust seasonic and evga psu's nowadays.

They are bad because people run gtx 1080s on corsair vs psus. They are fine for "your grandparents web browsing pc" but too many people put it in gaming systems where it causes all kinds of problems.

28 minutes ago, paprikman said:

Some of them stink, some of them coil whine, some just fcking burn out in few days. Same with newer FSP psu's (released after 2008).

The CX450/550/650Ms (grey label) are actually quite good. They're decent enough to reliably run a 6600k and 1070 for a decade if necessary :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The CX450/550/650Ms (grey label) are actually quite good. They're decent enough to reliably run a 6600k and 1070 for a decade if necessary :P

Yeah, I don't say they are bad, but there are complaints, and not a single one. Is it frustrating, when you're one of, let's say, 1000 people, whose psu didn't fail, but yours did :o

I mean, one bad thing can override many other good things in one moment.

26 minutes ago, paprikman said:

That's a shitty motto to go by. The EVGA xxxB series is about as good as the older CX units, and that's not great.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

I'd argue against that due to the fact that they're still equipped with sleeve-bearing fans that that isn't really all that likely.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||