Suitable GPU for 300W PSU

Fr4nt1s3k

Hello, I have a little problem. This is my 300W power supply. All modern graphics cards require at least 400W PSU and PCIE power cable.

I need best graphics card which could work with 300W PSU without a PCIE power cable. I am thinking about GTX 750 non OC or MSI N730-2GD3V2.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Celeron G540
RAM:       4 GB
SSD:        256 GB
HDD:        500 GB
PC has one fan at the back and one on the CPU. 1x CD/DVD mechanic. Then it has also 4 USB ports and an SD card reader.

Could this PSU handle all this stuff?

psu.jpg

I have no other connectors on that PSU. I know GTX 750 doesn't always need extra cable, but it needs enough amperes and voltage on rail or whatever. I don't quite understand that. :/

1 minute ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

I have no other connectors on that PSU. I know GTX 750 doesn't always need extra cable, but it needs enough amperes and voltage on rail or whatever. I don't quite understand that. :/

There are versions of the GTX 950 that don't require a PCI-E cable and are fully powered from the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Also the PC is prebuilt, so I can't change many things in BIOS. (like overclocking CPU, RAM...) But I think it should recognize a new graphics card.

The PSU can only do 250W continuous, so I would be careful about getting a 75W card, but your best bet for one is a GTX 1050. Grab one that doesn't need a power connector and don't OC it.

A cheaper solution is a GT 730 64-bit GDDR5, which only consumes 40W or so, but is a lot less powerful.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

46 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Its best to upgrade your PSU than risking your component on really tight wattage to spare.

Peak 300 and continuous at 250. Plus, it's a Delta, not that bad haha.

As for the gpu, GTX1050 would be the wiser choice but that CPU is eugh. No can do there. I don't blame you.

Check for a 6 or 8 pin connector on your psu.

Gtx 1050/1050ti are good fits ,  as well as the rx 460.  But that psu is meh.  And upgrading to a used sandy i5 would be wise. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

Lol i know.. i am just really value my RIG so i always choose the best psu i can find.

Even if he can buy 750 that has no power pin required.

Still i will upgrade my psu if i were him.

Because a cheap psu sometimes just blow up for no reason.

I have old psu,Its rated at 400 peak continuous at 350. and i test it  at 250 watt of load and bam.

I am sure i am not the only one who has this experience.

I agree with you since PSU is something that'll stick with you for a long time.

As for your psu incident, I feel bad for ya. Did you get hurt? :(

The 1050 might be a better choice compare to the 750 since it's newer and I don't know if Nvidia still supports the 750.