How Overkill will this be?

1 minute ago, Xreldo said:

I wanted to make a cool build so I came up with this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/y2hkwV planing to build a PC when the 1080ti comes out so how overkill is it for the screen?

Not at all, though, I have no experience with that CPU cooler. 

What will you be doing with it?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

11 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Not at all, though, I have no experience with that CPU cooler. 

It's the type of coler to leak all over the PC :P

Would highly recommend getting corsair or NZXT instead.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Different note, are you buying that monitor or do you already have it? If you need to buy a monitor, a 1080ti is more suited towards 1440p and 4k as 1080p is not that stressful for a 1080, let alone a 1080ti

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's the type of coler to leak all over the PC :P

Would highly recommend getting corsair or NZXT instead.

leak how?

6 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

leak how?

It's not great quality. I've seen multiple people have that brand of cooler leak.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Quite overkill. I don't know if that's what your going for, but it's really overkill for that monitor. Your going to get 400FPS and screen tearing ( with vsync disabled that is ) on every game you play with the 1080ti. Even with a 1070 you'll get screen tearing at that resolution.

Powersupply is really overkill too, you only need around 500-600W max.

Also, i'd change the CPU cooler to something from Corsair, or maybe the new ones from NZXT.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

8 hours ago, Armakar said:

Quite overkill. I don't know if that's what your going for, but it's really overkill for that monitor. Your going to get 400FPS and screen tearing ( with vsync disabled that is ) on every game you play with the 1080ti. Even with a 1070 you'll get screen tearing at that resolution.

Also, i'd change the CPU cooler to something from Corsair, or maybe the new ones from NZXT.

8 hours ago, Armakar said:

Need a little bit stronger PSU for overclocking.

14 hours ago, Enderman said:

It's not great quality. I've seen multiple people have that brand of cooler leak.

I looked onlline it should not leak only thing that can happen is pump failing but my warrant will just replace it as the Corsair and NZXT coolers dont fit the theme.