380T teardown trouble

Yatys 93
Go to solution Solved by Katsunaka,

IIRC it's on the inside.

Look on the inside front, and there's little clips. Just push them together.

I have run into an issue with taking my 380T apart, I have taken the feet off, the bottom plastic piece is held on solely by the front housing part, the back is off and I haven't started on the top yet, as I can't for the life of me get the large piece of plastic off of the front, the fan grill is off and as far as I can tell there are 8 of those 2 pronged locking bars but there seems to be something else holding it in, any thoughts?

IIRC it's on the inside.

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

IIRC it's on the inside.

ya I found those, I pulled harder, it came off, I punched my own knee and now its sore :(

LOL. 

It's been a while since I had torn apart a 380T. I only tore it apart to run the front IO cables across the top of the metal chassis under the plastic handle. So I could bunch the excess without it being seen.

LOL. 

It's been a while since I had torn apart a 380T. I only tore it apart to run the front IO cables across the top of the metal chassis under the plastic handle. So I could bunch the excess without it being seen.

I'm gonna be painting it so wanted the plastic housing off for the base coat colour

Ah.

Im debating painting my case, the NZXT Manta in red/black. Just was thinking about flipping to a white/black build by painting the red inside my case, taking off the red thing on top of my G Skill Trident ram, and changing out to the white rings on my Corsair AF fans.

A few minor changes and a little bit of white spray paint and boom, instant theme change.

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Ah.

Im debating painting my case, the NZXT Manta in red/black. Just was thinking about flipping to a white/black build by painting the red inside my case, taking off the red thing on top of my G Skill Trident ram, and changing out to the white rings on my Corsair AF fans.

A few minor changes and a little bit of white spray paint and boom, instant theme change.

I plan on doing a green and black build, gonna paint all the white plastic green, bought a colour called "ford signal green" but the more I look at it the more I think its too dark, wanna go like a slime green, then gonna do a water loop to match

Could always have it made. 

It looks close (as best as I can tell comparing pictures) to this Focus RS MKII.

car-photo-lime-green-2010-ford-focus-rs-

Could always have it made. 

It looks close (as best as I can tell comparing pictures) to this Focus RS MKII.

car-photo-lime-green-2010-ford-focus-rs-

I want to say that is the colour I bought, but the sticker on the lid is a little darker, maybe I'll try it out, and always redo the white and start again I suppose

From what google is bringing up, the Signal green is a bright green.

The only reason I brought up the Gotta have it green is in the sun it has some color change to it. That I figured would look good with a coolant's ability to shimmer in light.

So between the paint and coolant in the loop, they'd catch light and have some shimmer in the light.

From what google is bringing up, the Signal green is a bright green.

The only reason I brought up the Gotta have it green is in the sun it has some color change to it. That I figured would look good with a coolant's ability to shimmer in light.

So between the paint and coolant in the loop, they'd catch light and have some shimmer in the light.

ya having a look online it does seem brighter that the sticker, will wait and see I guess

• 5 weeks later...

Well what do we think, think it went well personally, both the case and the rad painted, colour is a lot closer to what I wanted than I was expecting too

15128774_10209692632286194_698399479_n.jpg

15139714_10209692632446198_1829457386_n.jpg

15174473_10209692632406197_1970270550_n.jpg

15129879_10209692632526200_1271560901_n.jpg