Sudden FPS Drop

Simply.RCC
Go to solution Solved by belfouf,
21 minutes ago, Simply.RCC said:

I just think if i change to a bigger monitor my card wont be virtually scalling to a 1080p resolution.which it naturally supports?

About dota2, at my current setting w/ the 1080p resolution i think i got 40-58 ish fps and w/o dropping to 10.. its not yet confirmed to be ok cause i just tested it with AI or bots and not with real ingame

if your screen is not 1080p, yes you can change it but no, the video card will not work less

dota 2 : you're not alone : https://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/492378806375807169/

if 1920x1080 is worse than 1600x900, then lower configuration. If min config at 1080 is still worse, go back to 1600x900, but keep in mind this issue is only with dota 2

Just now, Simply.RCC said:

This is my current settings MSI.

Do i always add 50mv when booting up? Or will this settings be permanent

received_1455553201127994.jpeg

this will not be permanent, it will be applied when MSI launches (set it to start with windows)

please do this :

- click on "save" then clic number 5 (this way number 5 will be "default mode")

- power limit = push to 109 

- core voltage = write +50 in the green cell

- clic save then clic number 1

- clic apply

try again to play

44 minutes ago, belfouf said:

this will not be permanent, it will be applied when MSI launches (set it to start with windows)

In order to apply settings in MSI Afterburner at system startup, you must click on "Apply overclocking at system startup." Otherwise, it will just be at default.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

In order to apply settings in MSI Afterburner at system startup, you must click on "Apply overclocking at system startup." Otherwise, it will just be at default.

thanks, true

2 hours ago, belfouf said:

please do this :

- click on "save" then clic number 5 (this way number 5 will be "default mode")

- power limit = push to 109 

- core voltage = write +50 in the green cell

- clic save then clic number 1

- clic apply

try again to play

Hi will do try to do your sugestion.

If this stables.my fps i would like to ask if i can add another r9 270x and have same stable volatge with my 500w psu??

1 hour ago, Simply.RCC said:

If this stables.my fps i would like to ask if i can add another r9 270x and have same stable volatge with my 500w psu??

crossfire ? no, don't, buy a more powerful single card

4 hours ago, Simply.RCC said:

I really don't think you need ANOTHER card, your setup should be fine. We need more info about what's going on. I'd suggest downloading openHardwareMonitor and set it to record everything to do with the GPU and CPU, then tell it to save the stats to disk (or whatever makes it record the stats to a file, it's (one of the) buttons in the bottom right hand corner of window.) Then play your game. It'll record everything to a file including clock speeds, temps, voltages, etc. Then post that file here. From that we can diagnose what's really going on. 

I know it's ANOTHER program to download, but this is the only one I know that works with many cards/cpus and can record the stats to a file in real time.

4 hours ago, belfouf said:

Jusy asking.. because my friend is giving me a same card that i have..

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

I really don't think you need ANOTHER card, your setup should be fine. We need more info about what's going on. I'd suggest downloading openHardwareMonitor and set it to record everything to do with the GPU and CPU, then tell it to save the stats to disk (or whatever makes it record the stats to a file, it's (one of the) buttons in the bottom right hand corner of window.) Then play your game. It'll record everything to a file including clock speeds, temps, voltages, etc. Then post that file here. From that we can diagnose what's really going on. 

I know it's ANOTHER program to download, but this is the only one I know that works with many cards/cpus and can record the stats to a file in real time.

Hi we have already record the readings of CPU and GPU.. and i believe that the moderator also agree on what i showed to them.. 

But thanks for suggestinh anyway.. more power to you sir

On 10/13/2016 at 7:46 AM, Liam1234 said:

my temp limit is set to 84 and it doesnt go above 53

hi it seems my settings are disabled? i dont know how to enable.

disabled.JPG

On 10/13/2016 at 8:53 PM, belfouf said:

is there any other way to unlock it? 

is there any other way to unlock it? 

yes in the settings

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, belfouf said:

yes in the settings

Capture.PNG

this doesn't work for me..

1 minute ago, belfouf said:

do you have this fps problem since forever ?

i think it just come back this past 3 weeks before i post in this forum.

i think it just come back this past 3 weeks before i post in this forum.

did you made any change / update before it happened ?

ok I think your card is defective, I've seen many AMD users having the same problem as you (0 to 100% to 0% GPU load in seconds under load)

trying to look somewhere for a reseolved case

17 hours ago, belfouf said:

did you made any change / update before it happened ?

i think the game update (which usually happen due to game patches).

other than that nothing no recent update.. 

6 hours ago, belfouf said:

ok I think your card is defective, I've seen many AMD users having the same problem as you (0 to 100% to 0% GPU load in seconds under load)

trying to look somewhere for a reseolved case

just to add some information..

i have this method that i've been using.

what i usually do is to "Turn off Turbo Core Control. " on overdrive.

i cant find the original link where i find it but i saw other link which has the same instruction

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3kricg/guide_possible_fixes_for_dota2_fps_problems/

3 hours ago, Simply.RCC said:

just to add some information..

i have this method that i've been using.

what i usually do is to "Turn off Turbo Core Control. " on overdrive.

i cant find the original link where i find it but i saw other link which has the same instruction

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3kricg/guide_possible_fixes_for_dota2_fps_problems/

yes indeed turbo core sometimes solves CPU issues, but in your case the GPU seems responsible, does this method change anything ?

3 hours ago, belfouf said:

yes indeed turbo core sometimes solves CPU issues, but in your case the GPU seems responsible, does this method change anything ?

Yes it does change.. but then again it doesn't change this pass few weeks.. 

3 hours ago, belfouf said:

By the way.. when i tried to chane core voltage via radeon settings.. i got BSOD.

6 hours ago, Simply.RCC said:

By the way.. when i tried to chane core voltage via radeon settings.. i got BSOD.

yeah never change cpu voltage / frequency on windows, always crashes. BIOS worksuch better. what are your current values ?

also, can you monitor fps like you did in another game ?

25 minutes ago, belfouf said:

yeah never change cpu voltage / frequency on windows, always crashes. BIOS worksuch better. what are your current values ?

also, can you monitor fps like you did in another game ?

No not the CPU.. i change the GPU since i cant do your sample on MSI Aftrburner, I explore the Radeon Settings and found the equivalent of AMD overdrive so i tried to add 30%.

At first nothings is happening but when i try to play real game the BSOD show and when i reset settings no more BSOD.. did i fried mh vC??

38 minutes ago, Simply.RCC said:

No not the CPU.. i change the GPU since i cant do your sample on MSI Aftrburner, I explore the Radeon Settings and found the equivalent of AMD overdrive so i tried to add 30%.

At first nothings is happening but when i try to play real game the BSOD show and when i reset settings no more BSOD.. did i fried mh vC??

probably not you just put too much...  30% of what ? these cards don't overclock a lot be careful

35 minutes ago, belfouf said:

probably not you just put too much...  30% of what ? these cards don't overclock a lot be careful

I think core voltage and power limit.. ill confirm it when i get home