MSI z97s SLI Krait Edition

Hello, I am new to the LTT forums and I need some help.

My motherboard does not post when I boot up my computer and I can not access the bios. When I press F2 or DEL its just a black screen making me force restart my PC.

PC SPECS

6c011299bf92144ce5669d72a7766d93.png

bcf7ecad185def66e074b6e0faccbaa4.png

Try a clear CMOS and see if that fixes anything. And what is going on? describe your issue more clearly.

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Try a clear CMOS and see if that fixes anything. And what is going on? describe your issue more clearly.

I will try that.

Every time I boot my PC its a black screen for 5-10 seconds then it goes straight to the login screen on windows 10.

I tried to access my BIOS to see if I can fix this but there is no BIOS to access, When I do press DEL or F2 its just a black screen. The only way out of this is to force restart, The strange thing is that when I do force restart the computer turns off immediately, giving me the sign that the computer had nothing to close. (Also putting the idea in my head that my motherboard has no BIOS)

3 minutes ago, Ruepic said:

I will try that.

Every time I boot my PC its a black screen for 5-10 seconds then it goes straight to the login screen on windows 10.

I tried to access my BIOS to see if I can fix this but there is no BIOS to access, When I do press DEL or F2 its just a black screen. The only way out of this is to force restart, The strange thing is that when I do force restart the computer turns off immediately, giving me the sign that the computer had nothing to close. (Also putting the idea in my head that my motherboard has no BIOS)

wait so can you get into windows?

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

wait so can you get into windows?

Yes I can.

1 minute ago, Ruepic said:

Yes I can.

are you sure that it isn't your monitor that is the problem, it could be turning on slow and you miss the bios screen.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

are you sure that it isn't your monitor that is the problem, it could be turning on slow and you miss the bios screen.

I am 100% sure its not my monitor because I have spammed DEL or F2 and its the same outcome.

3 minutes ago, Ruepic said:

I am 100% sure its not my monitor because I have spammed DEL or F2 and its the same outcome.

yeah I guess you could just try a clear cmos and go from there.

@Ruepic  It sounds like you either intentionally or unintentionally enabled Fastboot.

It's not that big of a deal.  Download the MSI Windows app that lets you boot straight into BIOS from Windows.  You have to use that app whenever fast boot is enabled in BIOS because F2/Del won't work at boot.

Select your OS version.  The application is listed as a Utility and at the bottom of that page with the description reading "Boot faster for MSI products".  I'm pretty sure that's the one.  It should let you turn Fastboot on and off and also gives you an option to reboot directly into BIOS when Fastboot is enabled.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97S-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#down-utility&Win10 64

Good luck

@done12many2

Still nothing, when I try to boot into the BIOS it does the same thing, and the Fast Boot enabling thing did not effect anything

2 minutes ago, Ruepic said:

@done12many2

Still nothing, when I try to boot into the BIOS it does the same thing, and the Fast Boot enabling thing did not effect anything

Did you try to go into BIOS from the Fast Boot app?

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Looks like you need to clear CMOS and start fresh bud.

Alright, thanks for you help.

2 minutes ago, Ruepic said:

Alright, thanks for you help.

You can also access BIOS through the UEFI settings in Windows 10 if you don't want to clear your CMOS.