Power supply ticking

matcur2000

hey, so a few weeks ago I sent in a power supply (thermaltake 650 watt standard psu) and my graphics card (evga 1070 ftw) because I was hearing a ticking sound but wasnt sure if it was coil whine from the gpu or something from the power supply. Memory express discovered that it was a ticking noise that was coming from the power supply but never told what caused the ticking. Well I just got a new one back and it is making the exact same noise. I went on some forms and people are saying that it is just a fan issue. Can this be concerning in the future or should I just get a different brand?

That is indeed the fan bearing, mine did the same & a few weeks later the fan seized up completely. Although it was a different brand, I recommend an EVGA G2 650W PSU instead.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

I was thinking it was the fan as well but I ran some game tests and the ticking stopped immediately when I closed out of a demanding game like Witcher 3. Because if it is a hardware thing that can be concerning.