i5-4570 and 4k

iSwayz

How is it that my old gtx 950 gpu cannot handle playing 4k from youtube but the i5-4570 intel 4600 graphics can smoothly? 

Thing is, this cpu is older than the gtx 950 surely it should be the other way around.

Also i noticed similar performance between gtx 770 2gb and the gtx 950 strix 2gb near identical fps with the gtx 770 edging out infront in 1080p games.  

System spec:

Motherboard: Z97p-D3

CPU: i5-4570

Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 1866 16gb

PSU: Corsair CX 750M

1 TB Hdd

9 minutes ago, iSwayz said:

How is it that my old gtx 950 gpu cannot handle playing 4k from youtube but the i5-4570 intel 4600 graphics can smoothly? 

Thing is, this cpu is older than the gtx 950 surely it should be the other way around.

Also i noticed similar performance between gtx 770 2gb and the gtx 950 strix 2gb near identical fps with the gtx 770 edging out infront in 1080p games.  

System spec:

Motherboard: Z97p-D3

CPU: i5-4570

Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 1866 16gb

PSU: Corsair CX 750M

1 TB Hdd

So when new GPU lines are released the lower end cards can perform worse then older higher cards, but they use newer technology, watt performance etc. It could be simply that either your setting or configuration is creating bottlenecks, or that the 950 isn't built to handle 4k preocessing or there is a driver issue.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

The 950 should be perfectly fine for 4k. Make sure there you drivers have been properly installed and are up to date. 

Moved to Graphics Cards.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Everything is stock no oc or bios adjustments. Also getting valid scores on 3dMark so i thought that would rule driver issues out.. possible though.

Its more the old i5 playing smooth 4k that baffles me but newer tech cannot..