All round pc

stefannxd

Looks good! However, you should really change the CPU cooler to something like the Kraken x61. The hyper 212 is just ugly and i'm not sure if it's gonna dissipate enough heat.

seems like a very solid build for both gaming and productivity. as stated abot though, i would reccommend getting a better CPu cooler. especially when overclocking that 6800K.

7 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

Looks good! However, you should really change the CPU cooler to something like the Kraken x61. The hyper 212 is just ugly and i'm not sure if it's gonna dissipate enough heat.

Just now, RollinLower said:

seems like a very solid build for both gaming and productivity. as stated abot though, i would reccommend getting a better CPu cooler. especially when overclocking that 6800K.

Yeah i know i need a better cooler for overclocking, but will i be fine if i took the hyper 212x and upgrade it to a aio liquid cooler later?(when i want to overclock)

3 minutes ago, stefannxd said:

Yeah i know i need a better cooler for overclocking, but will i be fine if i took the hyper 212x and upgrade it to a aio liquid cooler later?(when i want to overclock)

that should be fine yeah.

The power supply is overkill. You only need 500watts for a single GTX-1070 and even 2x GTX-1070 in SLI would only require 650watts.

Actually, the CM Hyper 212 is just fine for overclocking. The CPU temps may get a bit higher than with a water cooler, but they will still be well within safe temperatures*. The only time you'd need to change the cooler would be if your overclock is thermal limited - in which case, you could then upgrade the cooler - most of the time you reach the physical limit on the chip before temperature becomes an issue.

* As long as the CPU is well below it's max temperature, being a few degrees cooler makes no difference in performance. That is, a CPU running at 60C works just the same as one running at 70C.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD