Cloudflare Error 524 and site going up 'n' down

LogicalDrm

So as you probably are aware, site is going up and down whole morning (here). Noticed this since 5am UTC. It's giving me Error 524, Firefox addon keeps going up and down, I can partially load the site but its really slow. Etc. etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's been on and off since last night. Not sure if it's a ddos or too many people trying to get on. I mean, they should have figured there would be much higher than normal forum traffic with a giveaway. RIP the forums for now.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So as you probably are aware, site is going up and down whole morning (here). Noticed this since 5am UTC. It's giving me Error 524, Firefox addon keeps going up and down, I can partially load the site but its really slow. Etc. etc.

Do we know what caused this issue? Overload from the give-away?

Redliquid~

9 hours ago, Redliquid said:

Do we know what caused this issue? Overload from the give-away?

As far as we can tell, overload from the giveaway resulted in a file to become corrupted, which then resulted in the javascript not working and massively increased load on the server for every request. It took so long to resolve partly because it was not at all clear that the corrupt file was at fault, and partly because fixing the file was difficult because it was being set back to the invalid state every time we tried to fix it.

HTTP/2 203

10 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

As far as we can tell, overload from the giveaway resulted in a file to become corrupted, which then resulted in the javascript not working and massively increased load on the server for every request. It took so long to resolve partly because it was not at all clear that the corrupt file was at fault, and partly because fixing the file was difficult because it was being set back to the invalid state every time we tried to fix it.

ohh... had that before, not fun to fix....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!