What is the most expensive thing you have lost or had stolen?

b1khoa

I will start first, this summer after we moved house I lost my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 and my mum's jewelry.

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker  Mobo: Z77 sabertooth. CPU: 3770k @ 4.6ghz Ram: 16gbs corsair vengence GPU: EVGA gtx 680 Cooler: H100 PS: Corsair hx850 SSDs: 2x120gbs corsair and 1x250gbs Samsung 840, Sound card: Asus xonar essence stx, Speaker/headphone:Corsair Sp2500 and Sennheiser hd800

Mouse: Logitech G700s Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T

when i went to defcon i left my laptop by my side and someone ran by and grabbed it, i think i paid 2,800 for it after all the upgrades

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I had a $700 laptop stolen after a man broke into my apartment, one week after I got it. :P

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I don't know but probably a hoodie or something

But a few years ago someone broke into my dads car and stole his bills (did not pay them though :D)

Probably my bike.It cost 300 euros and someone stole it,and second on the list is my gameboy micro which was stolen by a classmate of mine and he never admitted that he took it. :(

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

A Nokia 5530 phone, 1 month after I had finish paying for it.  <_<

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Yu-Gi-Oh Cards ~1300€ My bike ~900€ and my Gameboy coulour and all my Pokemon games. ~100€ (I miss my gameboy...)

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

when i went to defcon i left my laptop by my side and someone ran by and grabbed it, i think i paid 2,800 for it after all the upgrades

And why didn't you hunt him down to the ends of the earth?!

And why didn't you hunt him down to the ends of the earth?!

Believe me i tried, i had a few programs on the laptop that would alert me when it come online but it never happened. So somehow they got past the bios/hdd password, and re-installed windows or whatever os they prefer i guess,  or sold it.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Believe me i tried, i had a few programs on the laptop that would alert me when it come online but it never happened. So somehow they got past the bios/hdd password, and re-installed windows or whatever os they prefer i guess,  or sold it.

:(

When was this btw?

:(

When was this btw?

ASUS G75VW

stock cpu/gpu

Hdd: samsung 840 ssd

Ram,: 4x8 8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance

ASUS G75VW

stock cpu/gpu

Hdd: samsung 840 ssd

Ram,: 4x8 8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance

Damn........

To be honest i never lost anything nor got stolen. When i was a kid ive lost a wallet with 5 bucks in it.

If you really want to be strict then my taxes by my government.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Damn........

in a way it was totally my fault, i should of had it set on my lap instead on next to my leg....but i reported it stolen so hopefully they catch the person

an old ipod nano 4th gen i lost it shortly after i moved still haven't found it

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

in a way it was totally my fault, i should of had it set on my lap instead on next to my leg....but i reported it stolen so hopefully they catch the person

You should bind it to you via a stretching rope attached to your clothing and a suction thing where the rope is attached to, attach suction thing to laptop.

Suction item is optional, could bind it some other way.

I want to do this with my smartphone somehow but don't know how. :P Would prevent falls without a case.

You should bind it to you via a stretching rope attached to your clothing and a suction thing where the rope is attached to, attach suction thing to laptop.

Suction item is optional, could bind it some other way.

I want to do this with my smartphone somehow but don't know how. :P Would prevent falls without a case.

rubber adhesive maybe

rubber adhesive maybe

Yep, possibly.

Would do the same with my wallet but...

Yep, possibly.

Would do the same with my wallet but...

i keep all of my valuable in my back-pack and i keep the pocket locked

i keep all of my valuable in my back-pack and i keep the pocket locked

Inconvenient, but safe. :P

Inconvenient, but safe. :P

im just waiting for a harness to come out so i can bring around my desktop lol,

im just waiting for a harness to come out so i can bring around my desktop lol,

Haha, that's too heavy for me.

Someone broke into my garage and took some stuff home.
A bunch of 190E parts (waterpump,camshaft,pistons,stereo and a momo steering wheel)

A set of volvo rims.

But the biggest loss at the time was a Mercedes Benz M104.98x engine...(that's a 3l straight six with 24 valves and dual overhead cams from a 300E-24)

Engine-500$ (mid renovation)

Original blaupunkt cd player from 190E - 150$

190E parts - Not too sure.. But it's mercedes parts so it's always expensive. Probably around 300-350$ used

Volvo rims - 1$?.. don't know don't care too much... Just normal cast iron winter rims (uuuuugly)

If this was just about tech stuff then i'll say my First gen(?) Xperia. The one with the slider keyboard. 400$ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

just curious, why did you take an expensive laptop to defqon? (assuming you are talking about the festival)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Just my Toyota RAV4 2012... nothing special... 45,000 usd... without insurance... why? because i was trying to sell that car...!!!!!!