How to see a list of Blocked Ports

VictorianReaper

So i'm at a Hotel and i realized i needed to access my FTP server back home but im having trouble accessing it  because its being blocked i would like to know if there is a way, as a (non-Ethernet) client to see what ports are not blocked so i can access my files  

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

Without getting into the router's configuration, I don't know of a way. 

There may be some tools that test each port to see which are closed and which are open, but I really wouldn't advise using something like that on a network that isn't your own. The legality of it is somewhat questionable, as it could potentially be used for hacking purposes. 

Yeah, if you have a linux distro, nmap can be used to check with ports are open on a network. Although like it was said earlier, it's questionable as to whether or not it's legal, and even if it is legal, the sysadmin at the hotel (or whoever they contracted) probably won't be too happy.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Pick a random port >1024.  Look that port up on http://www.speedguide.net/ports.php and make sure it isn't well-known for particular malware. That port is unlikely to be blocked. Or use a port traditionally used for other purposes, like 80 or 443, that the hotel could not possibly block.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Use the internet for an FTP test site (they do exist, used them for this before). Try connecting to aforementioned test site over FTP. If connection fails, most likely blocked, if not you may have an issue on the server.

Free and legal.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications