AX1200 Buzzing

Hey guys, so I've got a fairly old AX1200 that I purchased back in 2010 when it was released. This year its started to act up, non stop buzzing and I have to discharge leftover power when I turn the computer off by flipping the switch on the back of the PSU and hitting the power button on my computer again.

Here's what I need opinions on / or if you have a personal experience feel free to mention it here.

First of all I'd like to mention that I've misplaced my original receipt, and the retailer (NCIX / Canada Computers), don't have the transaction history in my account. (Probably because it was purchased with cash a millennia ago)

I've spoken with Customer Service and they've offered me a replacement (I pay to send back the broken unit, they sent me a Re-Manufactured unit), with a limited 30 day warranty. I understand that not having the receipt kinda makes it hard for them to warrant anything since people nowadays try to scam almost anything, but the unit itself hasn't even been available to consumers for 7 years at this point.

My concern here is that I just dumped a ton of money ($1500~2000 CAD) into a new Skylake based system and I'd like for it to last a few years as my prior Sandy Bridge system did. Is it wrong of me for wanting the last year or so of warranty that I should have left? Or should I take the replacement with the 30 day warranty and hope for the best. (If it comes to that I'll just buy a new PSU with a better warranty and sell this one for the low).

If you could comment your opinions / personal experiences if you've lost a receipt with Corsair it would be greatly appreciated,

PS. Before he approved my RMA he asked me if I had purchased anything else from Corsair with an invoice so that he could try to approve my RMA. I sent him an invoice of my H100I, Vengeance 1x8GB 2400 DDR4, and my Vengeance 4x4GB 2666 DDR4 (All of which were purchased this year) and he approved the return with a limited 30 day warranty.

Thanks in advance for reading / possibly replying.

three questions:

- does the fan turn on?

- does it get hot?

- is it fan side down?

if the answers are no to the first, and no to both other questions, flip it fan side up. i had the same deal with my RM750, and it's working like a charm now.

EDIT: i cant count today appareantly, no worries, i fixed it.

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

three questions:

- does the fan turn on?

- does it get hot?

- is it fan side down?

if the answers are no to the first, and no to both other questions, flip it fan side up. i had the same deal with my RM750, and it's working like a charm now.

EDIT: i cant count today appareantly, no worries, i fixed it.

Fan turns on and works fine, doesn't ever idle or go to max rpm.

Its not hot but it gets warm, no way to measure the temperature but my room is ~25 degrees C. Feels normal compared to my GX750.

I've had the fan upwards and downwards, same issue either way. I have it in a Define R5 on my desk so it has ample airflow underneath it. Desk is not warm at all.