Hiding motherboard colors?

SwiftXShadow

I have never used leds in a computer, but i was wondering if you used led liighting on a windowed case would it hide the colors of the motherboard?

For example https://www.amazon.com/LGA1151-Motherboard-Z170-PRO-Gaming/dp/B0126R3QPA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459067658&sr=1-1&keywords=Asus+Z170+PRO+Gaming&linkCode=sl1&tag=i7us-20&linkId=3eca7d0ef73c081fb3de44420646248e

This mobo has a bit of red in it, if one would light up their case with blue or green or yellow or some other color. Would that red dissapear under the led lights and everything looks the nice color you wish it to be? Or will the red really be a bother.

guess it depends how many leds your using, where there positioned and what colours you have.

I know the reverse works, red can disguise blue

Pauls hardware painted the itx version of that board. With a can of paint and a few hours you can make it color neutral.

He did this painting in a video about his wifes pc build. 

The heatsinks by the cpu can be taken off easily, maybe like Paul you can peel the Pro Gaming sticker off the chipset(bottom right). Take a look at his video and see if it would help any.

On my red/gray/black pc, On blue red is mostly hidden.

On green its not. 

(speaking manly about mobo/ram accents that are red not anything else) 

I switched the colors in my pc to take a look. 

20 hours ago, SwiftXShadow said:

I have never used leds in a computer, but i was wondering if you used led liighting on a windowed case would it hide the colors of the motherboard?

For example https://www.amazon.com/LGA1151-Motherboard-Z170-PRO-Gaming/dp/B0126R3QPA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459067658&sr=1-1&keywords=Asus+Z170+PRO+Gaming&linkCode=sl1&tag=i7us-20&linkId=3eca7d0ef73c081fb3de44420646248e

This mobo has a bit of red in it, if one would light up their case with blue or green or yellow or some other color. Would that red dissapear under the led lights and everything looks the nice color you wish it to be? Or will the red really be a bother.

The heatsinks won't take on he color of the LED's your best option would be to paint the heatsinks to match your color scheme. 

On 27.8.2016 at 10:37 AM, W-L said:

The heatsinks won't take on he color of the LED's your best option would be to paint the heatsinks to match your color scheme. 

What do you paint a motherboard with? I cant imagine you take some guaache paint or wall paint to do that.

8 hours ago, SwiftXShadow said:

What do you paint a motherboard with? I cant imagine you take some guaache paint or wall paint to do that.

You can use regular spray paint on them without much trouble, it would be best to remove the heatsinks from the motherboard to paint as it wouldn't require the whole board to be masked off. If you interested I have a general guide on that under RAM and Motherboard Painting which goes over the specifics: